• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Benedict Canyon, L.A. junkyard?

spittman le berger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
What is this ... possibly bathtubs, saunas, sinks or troughs and stacks of brick??? Been showing up in the aerials of this multi-million dollar community for years. <coordinates>

1581694926076.png 1581694926076.png

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Can't tell. That property looks to be part of a 3-lot assemblage - 36 acres. You really had to zoom in to see this. The rectangular bits measure out at about 6ft long

spittman le berger

Professional Status
State
Texas
Can't tell. That property looks to be part of a 3-lot assemblage - 36 acres. You really had to zoom in to see this. The rectangular bits measure out at about 6ft long
More like 50 acres and the residence is 30,000 sq.ft. for a family of four. F!!!! .... can you imagine. Did more research and the family that owns this property turned it into a polo training facility and farm. The reason I made this post is because I belong to a map discussion group and people are saying they are discarded bbq pits, bathtubs, or saunas, but that doesn't make sense to me. Why throw away new material like that? Such a waste even in Beverly Hills. My guess is that they are animal troughs that haven't been used yet.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I spotted one being built in Bel air yesterday, it looked big enough to be a small hotel. Two parcels about 4 acres, the owner shows as "M". :leeann2:

Close by is a house with almost an acre of GLA and another with over an acre of GLA, according to Realist. The listing for one said something about a ballroom. I guess if you have that kind of money you have a lot of "friends", if you want to. An acre of floor space is ridiculous for a "house" imho. :leeann:

Maybe your things are bee hives?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks