• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Berkeley's city council and marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmguy

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Texas
Have yall seen this? I must lead a sheltered life here in the country. I never imagined this kind of stuff really happened. I checked it on snopes and it is true. Not looking to pick a fight, but do other people agree with Berkeley's decision?

You might have heard about Berkeley’s City Council's recent vote to tell the Marines to close their recruiting station in the city. With this vote, they told the Marines that their recruiting office is not welcome in their city, and if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as an uninvited and unwelcome intruders.
During the meeting, the City Council also voted to give protest group Code Pink a parking space in front of the recruiting office once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week. According to the City Council agenda, they "Encourage all people to avoid cooperation with the Marine Corps recruiting station, and applaud residents and organizations such as Code Pink, that may volunteer to impede, passively or actively, by nonviolent means, the work of any military recruiting office located in the City of Berkeley."

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Berkeley, CA.
For many years they are kinda known as the city of the mentally handicapped liberal nut cases. This is one more example.

Andy Taylor

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
When Clinton was waging his war against Iraq, i.e. periodically lobbing a few cruise missiles their way, did the Berkeley council tell him he wasn't welcome there?

What a bunch of goobs.

And to think I wasted by 500th post on this.

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
I say we all put Berkeley on the map -

let's just start rumors like, the world could not go on without Berkeley. The financial center of our country is located in the underground tunnels previously unknown. Several of our army/government leaders make Berkeley their home. The US Treasury is located in a building which looks like the city hall.

When they are then attacked by whackos in planes, do you think they will still say the military is not welcome????

Zmcraney

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Mississippi
Yeah i heard about it when last week i guess.... Can't imagine that happening here... And they (Californians like these idiots) say us "bumpkins" are backwards in our thinking...

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Description of this forum:

The Watercooler on AppraisersForum.com. For jokes, chit chat, hobbies, and friendly and non controversial subject matter (no war, religion, politics, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks