• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Best Spam Elimination Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Witt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I have recently changed my ISP to Verizon. When I flopped over my old email address, all of the nasty annoying spam that the former ISP was blocking is now coming over!
Did anyone ever have this experience?
What is the best SPAM blocker program?

Smokehouse

Professional Status
State
Florida
SPAM is just a part of life, I have never heard of anything that really gets rid of it....unfortunately!

paragonrea

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Your ISP has to supply the blocker. Your may try looking in your e-mail settings with your ISP to see if you can block specific address and domain names, the list I have is up to over 100. If you use outlook or outlook express you can set up a block senders list also. The biggest thing I have done is set up three e-mail accounts using specific ones for specific things, i.e office, personal, and any online shopping (biggest source of spam). These seem to have helped me the most, but, SPAM is a fact of life if you receive e-mail m2: .

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
You are wasting your time trying to filter spam. If (or your ISP) filters out all spam then you will also filter out legitimate email. AOL does this now. AOL frequently rejects legitimate email! People who use AOL for business email are losing business, but they do not know it. The best way to deal with spam is to not let your email address get into the hands of the spammers.

Please see my post here to solve the spam problem:
http://appraisersforum.com/showpost.php?p=1522100&postcount=7

Matt Anzaldo

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I use yahoo! email. I forward my website email addresses to one yahoo! email so I can get all my email with one click of a button on my homepage.

Yahoo! Mail allows you to simply right click a message and choose THIS IS SPAM and "poof" it's gone and won't return..it may take a week or two to tell many emails to go to your SPAM folder (you can delete your entire folder anytime, I clear my out monthly) anyways, I get maybe 1-2 spam per week instead of 30-40 if I were to not use the SPAM controls on Yahoo!

Just my 2 cents.

-Matt

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
I am trying to help a friend of mine that uses CompuServe. I use Outlook Express. In outlook Express there is a Block Sender that helps stop some spam. Does anyone know if there is something similar in CompuServes e-mail?

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Outlook Express kind've sucks. I loved it until I went to Outlook 2007 and after getting used to it I hate OE. But, I did have a good program with OE called Qurb that worked pretty well. Outlook 2007 has an intelligent junk mail filter that seems to work great.

My yahoo mail is a lost cause. Doesn't matter how many people I block I get just as much as the day before. Ugh!

CompuServe? Is it 1995 again? :D But seriously I thought they were long gone years ago. I guess they are under AOL's flag now and have no plans to support Vista which I would assume would be the end of CompuServe. I suggest your friend upgrade because they are as good as dead and gone.

john brown

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
I've been trying out www.fusemail.com for about a month and so far am impressed (almost eliminated the spam problem)

reliantappraisals

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
GFI mail essentials

but then I have an exchange server.
I never get spam and important email never goes into the trash bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks