• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bill Gates: If A Robot Takes A Human Job, It Should Be Taxed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
:ROFLMAO:

I don't disagree,

But someone best consider really quick how states survive on taxes to pay the workers they don't want to replace, from workers who have been replaced.

Better think about it pretty darn quick too.

Because displaced workers need food stamps, which aint free.

D

Deleted member 134708

Current and future generation will love this. Each person has their own robot proxy to pay their share of the taxes.

So you sit home because "a robot took my job" the robot pays your share of tax making it 1:1 as if you never existed.....but the Gov. now needs to pay you a wage to stay alive. Some call it welfare, some call it owed to them.

Just like min. wage hikes...does absolutely nothing but make people more poor.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
When a worker here loses their job due to their job being outsourced overseas, why is that different from a robot taking their job, whether the robot is overseas or local?

Really, the company is better off moving to a tax friendly jurisdiction.

In the case of fast food, vending machines can replace workers, self check out can replace cashiers, and autonomous delivery vehicles can replace truck drivers.

Taxation never solved a labor cost or supply problem.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Taxation never solved a labor cost or supply problem.

but it solves the problem of sucking up the unemployed into government employee jobs. Grow the government you don't miss the private sector jobs, until the private sector can't afford the taxes to pay for all those government workers.

D

Deleted member 134708

Not a good sign for human Immigration to USA. No need for immigrants to fill jobs when we can create our own population via robots.

I'll be the 1st on board to fight for robots rights. They need medical insurance when they break down, they also need to benefit from the taxes they pay. They also need diversity from day 1. I will not stand for only hiring of 1 type of robot, design, maker, color, RAM speed etc.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Robot-Robotics-Cartoon-09.gif

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The only way to have a robot pay income taxes is for them to be a corporation, then they are a person who never dies, just has replaced parts. How do you define a robot, is my computer going to pay income taxes? What about my car? If my dog makes money does it have to pay income taxes? Obviously, they are going to have robots and have probably had the technology for a long time. Should vending machines pay income tax? Should robots police humans? Should robots take over the jobs not fit for humans or are too dangerous for humans? Could robots be useful in human rescue operations? Could robots be reprogrammed to do the bidding of terrorist organizations? While we currently do not have robots on the street; the impact would be significant. Gates is just trying to put it out there to gain information about what the opposition would say. He probably plans on using them as an alternative to human labor. I doubt he would want them to pay income taxes because he would be the one building them.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Robot can be depreciated under the current tax code. That is a benefit to the owner which more than likely is a company or corporation.

So, taxing a robot is simply done by disallowing depreciation.

Oh come on.
Stop being so logical.

Taxing is a government function, so,
levy a tax on everything a robot makes, so that,
the unemployed people buying the product pays the taxes on the robot labor.

Yeah,
that's the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks