• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - CompStak

CompStak is the only database of non-public CRE information that is free for CRE appraisers. Get access to 1M+ analyst-reviewed
lease and sales comps featuring all key deal details — NOI, cap rate, starting and effective rent, and more.

Billboard Data

aalderman1

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Hi all,

I'm looking for billboard sign rents and ground leases. I am completely willing to purchase this data from my fellow appraisers and even sign confidentiality agreements. Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Personally I have no data in the past 10 years. The rates vary with the "eyeballs" (traffic count typically) at least locally.
eweb.irwaonline.org/eweb/upload/july_web_Billboard.pdf

Thomas Holding

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Since you are in North Carolina I presume, one of the best places that you might start is with your county Tax Office. Usually the personal and business property section gets a valuation guide each year from the Dept. of Revenue telling them the different values for each kind of billboard. Different billboards (three post, four post, wood, steel, lighted, etc.) have much different rates. Be nice and you might be surprised at how helpful they can be. They won't give you actual leases, but they might give you a contact to call.

aalderman1

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I am for real down for even old data. If you're interested in digging some of it up, I'll direct message you.

Personally I have no data in the past 10 years. The rates vary with the "eyeballs" (traffic count typically) at least locally.
eweb.irwaonline.org/eweb/upload/july_web_Billboard.pdf

aalderman1

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Since you are in North Carolina I presume, one of the best places that you might start is with your county Tax Office. Usually the personal and business property section gets a valuation guide each year from the Dept. of Revenue telling them the different values for each kind of billboard. Different billboards (three post, four post, wood, steel, lighted, etc.) have much different rates. Be nice and you might be surprised at how helpful they can be. They won't give you actual leases, but they might give you a contact to call.
Thanks sir. Been down that road for sure, and it is helpful but I need market leases and rents for this particular project. The age of the data is irrelevant since I am actually looking old and current data. And the state is not an issue either.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Find your local billboard rental company.
If you have billboards along state highways, there is a company that is producing the artwork, paying for the lights at night, and most likely owns the billboards or the easement access (or both) to them.

They are your best source of rental info, current rates, and what they have available to potential billboard renters.

Oh, and drive around at night, note the billboards where there are no lights turned on, yet the lighting exists. Most likely, those are vacant rentals if not advertising the business below them.

When you have a list of the ones that are not lite at night, go to the tax assessor, and/or check property deeds for easements, to identify who owns those, so you can contact them about renting, rates, artwork provisions, lighting, maintenance and other costs.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks