• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

blacklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilink

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Is it possible to come off of a lender's black list when it's due to indenity theft ?

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
I seriously doubt it. I addressed this issue at a Mortgage Banking function in the fall. Some lenders denied such lists existed...until I produced them in a PowerPoint. Then...some came clean later and said that they've seen them. I've warned them that issuing such a list leaves them open for a lawsuit.

However...the HVCC...such as it is...states the following:

(8) allowing the removal of an appraiser from a list of qualified appraisers, or the addition of an appraiser to an exclusionary list of disapproved appraisers, used by any entity, without prompt written notice to such appraiser, which notice shall include written evidence of the appraiser’s illegal conduct, a violation of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) or state licensing standards, substandard performance, improper or unprofessional behavior or other substantive reason for removal (except that this prohibition will not preclude the management of appraiser lists for bona fide administrative reasons based on written, management-approved policies);

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Is it possible to come off of a lender's black list when it's due to indenity theft ?

It all depends on the lender. The lender can do whatever they want when it comes to their balcklists, but a responsible lender would remove someone from their blacklist if it was proven that the inclusion on the blacklist was due solely to identity fraud that was no fault of the appraiser.

Bearslide

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Possibly - but you will have to work your tail off to prove it - lenders are not very inclined to remove an appraiser from a blacklist especially in this climate and with so many appraisers to choose from. You will need to be persistent, professional, polite and provide a mountain of evidence to prove identity theft.

Have you filed charges against the perp? If so, that would help.

Best of luck to you - I wish you success.

Donna Quixote

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I was once blacklisted because several loan officers got together and complainted that I was not "hitting numbers" Luckly a great order person got involved, stated that either they put me in for review or he would send me work. They actually reviewed three years of my work and I got off the list. They can't touch me now. So, it can be remedied if you can prove yourself right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks