• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
totals latest update stinks! F ING software crashes, all of the X's are now annoyingly BOLD, field formats have changed and i cant fix them and of course tech support is closed and my sketch is missing all of the room names. have to hit a stupid drop down list for every freaking room. and thats just the crap im seeing from the first half of page 1.

does anyone know how to change it so when i click into a new data field when i start typing it automatically replaces what was inside the date field? like its been for 10 freaking years! now i have to DELETE anything in the date field first before i can start typing what i want in each data field.

Last edited:

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sorry Digger, can't really help you.

But I'm surprised you don't have/use their Elite (not my business)
and of course tech support
Elite has 24x7x365 support (I've literally used it at some of those times)
And even if not the $$$ for Elite, I believe they offer weekend/after hour support you can pay for as a separate thing; in case you don't need/want all the other stuff with Elite

As far as the latest update, I haven't noticed any major difference. I'm not sure how you do your sketch. I usually start a new one each time. All the rooms are a simple click toward the right of my screen which i just click and then drag into position on the sketch.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Sorry Digger, can't really help you.

But I'm surprised you don't have/use their Elite (not my business)

Elite has 24x7x365 support (I've literally used it at some of those times)
And even if not the $$$ for Elite, I believe they offer weekend/after hour support you can pay for as a separate thing; in case you don't need/want all the other stuff with Elite

As far as the latest update, I haven't noticed any major difference. I'm not sure how you do your sketch. I usually start a new one each time. All the rooms are a simple click toward the right of my screen which i just click and then drag into position on the sketch.

yea i rarely need tech support so saw no need to spend more on elite but could have used it today. and yes our sketches used to be the same. now my right side is gone replaced by a drop down button i have to click on every time i want a new room name. i want this freaking update reversed!

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm assuming we have the same update. I'm using Total as you've said you are too. I just checked for updates and it said none available, so I'm assuming we have the same version.

Maybe my version of the sketch is different because I have Elite? :shrug:

I just opened up Total and it says "Sketch Panel" to the right side of screen

There is a "Labels" drop down toward the upper-center of the screen. This has all the rooms as well. I'm assuming, from your post, you don't have the "Sketch Panel" then anymore.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Listen to Flacco. He's a winner! ... well at least in the AFFFL :fencing::dancefool::beer:

(Edit: I just tried it, too, and yes, that's what it is)

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
upload_2017-7-9_13-33-6.png

For the bold check box go to Tools > Configure settings > Forms, then scrool down until you see this "Set checkbox appearance" and change it to normal.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
upload_2017-7-9_13-38-4.png

For the data field go to Tools > Configure settings > Forms. Then you need to check the box that says "select all text when jumping into a field". That way when you start typing it will overwrite whatever is in there.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-9_13-37-48.png
    upload_2017-7-9_13-37-48.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 1

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
View attachment 32549

For the bold check box go to Tools > Configure settings > Forms, then scrool down until you see this "Set checkbox appearance" and change it to normal.

U DA MAN!!! got my sketch and the X boxes fixed and found how to fix the data field problem on my own so im almost back to normal. last issue i found is in my neighborhoods. i have all of my neighborhoods saved as quick list entries and when i start typing in the neighborhood boundary field the name of said neighborhood it auto populates if i have a saved neighborhood. that no longer auto populates so i have to manually search through 320 neighborhoods if i want it to load. any ideas?

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Listen to Flacco. He's a winner! ... well at least in the AFFFL :fencing::dancefool::beer:

(Edit: I just tried it, too, and yes, that's what it is)

yes sir! its like total switched all of my settings to default for some damn reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks