• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert W Bell

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Dave Biggers

I am having the same problem that Pamela Crowley is having using a new computer with XP Professional. I have called tech support and have not been able to resolve it. I have changed printer defaults, deleted temp files, run safe mode and defragmented hard drive. It only happens in wintotal. I get winform errors and blue screen with physical memory dump.
The last tech I spoke with was adam, he was very helpful but, the problem still exists. I backup all files to Vault. My computer is for appraisal work only. No Games.

Bob Bell

Michael Elliott

Sophomore Member
Bob,

While Dave does occasionally monitor these forums, word is that he is out of the country on vacation. I would call tech and ask that your issue be ugraded to a senior tech (usually what they do as well). I have been using WinTotal with XP for almost a year and a half now with NO issue like this as well, and several of my office-mates have been running with no issues as well.

Typically, these problems are due to some sort of corruption - virus you received, MLS program that interferes, etc. Even if it's only for business, there's still plenty of things we run as appraisers that could be causing issues. If you work with tech support's process, they will eventually solve your issue for you or give you the best recommendation possible given the limitations of working remotely.

-Michael Elliott

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Mine actually turned out to be a bad cooling fan that was messing everything up as the CPU heated up. There are so many things that can cause what is happening to you. Alamode tech support will take you as far as they can, then it might be up to a local techie. I have on numerous occasions had a local techie here and put in a call to Alamode for them to talk to each other to work out the problems. You might end up having to do this.

First, make sure you run a good and fully updated virus scan!

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
This was happening to me when I upgraded to Pro, and it turned out that my memory was bad.
I should have known that would be the problem :p

Cheap fix.

Karlos Marquez

Freshman Member
:) I had this problem and it turn out to be a problem with the memory of the computer I change the memory and upgrade it to 1 gb and the problem is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks