• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

breaking news cnbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Greenhaw

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Nevada
OK, thanks. I just now found them.

RICHARD D. FRANK

Professional Status
State
Florida
which is why we need to become our own co-operative AMC, in addition to every appraiser for himself.

Daystar

Professional Status
State
New York
CNBC just broke that Fannie and Freddie will no longer accept appraisals from Mortgage Brokers. What does that mean for us? I hope its good news.

RICHARD D. FRANK

Professional Status
State
Florida
means we'll have a new boss.

CNBC just broke that Fannie and Freddie will no longer accept appraisals from Mortgage Brokers. What does that mean for us?
means we'll be getting a new boss if it isnt ourselves.......

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Daystar,
Did they say 'when' Fan/Fred won't accept MB originated reports?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
CNBC just broke that Fannie and Freddie will no longer accept appraisals from Mortgage Brokers. What does that mean for us? I hope its good news.
It means that the order for the appraisal has to come from the funding lender. All that means is that your mortgage broker submits his loan package to the funding lender suggesting that xyz appraiser be assigned to appraise this property for this loan.

Now, for any lender who does not play ball with its mortgage brokers, those mortgage brokers will use other lenders that do.

I am very interested to see how the GSEs are going to know who actually controls the process; the mortgage broker or the lender? It is all about the money; no loan = no money for everyone. :shrug:

SmilingDog

Professional Status
State
California
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac agreed they will no longer purchase loans from mortgage originators who use their own in- house appraisers

Now they will need to define if "in-house" extends to AMC's. They do not say in the article that it means ALL loan originators or MB's...only the ones with in-house appraisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks