• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Brewster Co. Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Got a voice mail today from LSI. They are looking for an Appraiser that will do an appraisal for them in Brewster County Texas. That's the Big Bend area of Texas, for those not familiar with the area.

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email, and I will give you the contact name and number.

Merry Christmas,

Rick

PS - I checked AppraiserUSA, nothing in that area.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Got a voice mail today from LSI. They are looking for an Appraiser that will do an appraisal for them in Brewster County Texas. That's the Big Bend area of Texas, for those not familiar with the area.

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email, and I will give you the contact name and number.

Merry Christmas,

Rick

PS - I checked AppraiserUSA, nothing in that area.

When I took three years off & traveled throughout the the USA I didn't have to check any Web Sites to see that there was NOTHING in that area. On the way to Big Bend there was a store with a sign on it, went to town (Which is 80 mile I believe) please help your self & leave the money in the metal box on the counter. NOW that was an amazing part of the journey for people from N.H.

LSI won't pay what an Appraisal in that area should call for BUT IF the borrower is solid the Bank will pay whatever the Appraiser wants. So hold out for good fees.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I don't think there's a thousand people in the whole area. Any appraisal that comes back is going to be so out-of-norms that the UW is going to have multiple litters of cats over it. Let alone the fee that any appraiser is going to charge (2 full days of work, probably).

They'll probably just give up on the loan.

farmguy

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Texas
I used to live in a small town where the Hill Country of central Texas breaks into the desert country of West Texas. I appraised out there in the mid 80's. I did a few residential deals during the bust. Sierra Blaca, Sheffield, Sonora, etc. I remember talking to UW's and reviewers. In some cases I would have sales over a 100 miles away and they woudl be more than a year or so old. They would call and complain. I would tell them there is no house that has sold within a 100 miles in the last couple of years. The RTC guys got to where they kind of understood the problem and we didn't get much grief from them. Typical fee back then on a house 100 miles from nowhere started at $1,500. It used to be funny they would call and we would give them a fee and they would call us crazy. Then they would call back in a couple of days begging us to go. Back then all of West Texas was handled by a few guys in San Angelo, Junction, San Antonio, Midland, and Kerrville. We may get back to those good ole days.

Urbanz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Screw LSI, Im done with them. I'd rather starve than deal with their unethical UW crew. They keep whining when their qualifying value is within the range but the appraisal isnt. They just say, well, raise the value then. Worse, they are dumb enough to put it in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks