• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Brick & Mortar Mealtdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
In our area, who knows, but stores are Closing more today than in years past; Great for ecommerce, B A D for municipality trying to get Tax Dollars; whatever happens in Commercial will most definitely impact residential.......JMO

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Curious what items we purchase are considered to be ones where we really need to see, feel or touch and try it before buying. Cars, electronics, clothing, fruit and vegetables? Sometimes shopping is about the interaction with the merchandise and the merchant or employees, not just about stocking up.

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
Curious what items we purchase are considered to be ones where we really need to see, feel or touch and try it before buying. Cars, electronics, clothing, fruit and vegetables? Sometimes shopping is about the interaction with the merchandise and the merchant or employees, not just about stocking up.
True enough for some items, but I do remember reading an article about Best Buy's biggest problem: Consumers who visit, put their hands on products and ask questions, etc. then purchase online.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
True enough for some items, but I do remember reading an article about Best Buy's biggest problem: Consumers who visit, put their hands on products and ask questions, etc. then purchase online.

One might suspect that the higher end the product for the buyer, the more incentive to put hands on.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
would devalue a number of properties if former retail use disappears...what will owners due with empty stores....transition to another use?

Tear em down and put back to nature ...( fantasy)

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
There is a debt bubble hidden in the price of our stocks. Lets take our favorite company for example

https://simplywall.st/news/2017/04/18/is-corelogic-incs-clgx-financial-health-a-matter-of-concern/

"CLGX’s current assets ($392 Million) are less than half its total debt ($1.60 Billion). The company’s current assets to total debt ratio isn’t at a satisfactory level." As long as rates stay low, like almost 0% by the FED they can buy their own stock shares and increase the price!

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Corelogic. Not even on the list of potential favorite companies.
Not that I have a list.
Well... I do love their burgers.

https://www.fatburger.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks