• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Brokersoutpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
yeah... I got involved over there about two weeks ago and really really feel like saying 'I told you so' A couple of weeks ago all they kept saying was WE will be fine...all you appraisers are going out of business. The leader of the rat pack is that Carpet Muncher. Glad to see he has wised up. The funny thing is like that Bill appraiser posted.... they STILL have tons of threads looking for 100ltv on 520 fico stated income ?!?!? Clueless!

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
yeah... I got involved over there about two weeks ago and really really feel like saying 'I told you so' A couple of weeks ago all they kept saying was WE will be fine...all you appraisers are going out of business. The leader of the rat pack is that Carpet Muncher. Glad to see he has wised up. The funny thing is like that Bill appraiser posted.... they STILL have tons of threads looking for 100ltv on 520 fico stated income ?!?!? Clueless!

Broker Universe's Grapevine is far worse for individuals seeking past products.

Another post today concerns a WaMu LO that is submitting a second OO purchase for the same borrower within the year in California. FNMA's Fraud Update dated 01/2008 lists misrepresenting occupancy at 12%.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
I can't log in over there, are there lots of cases where the lenders are making them order through AMCs right now?

I've heard tales of that and also that reps are telling them to do things and blaming it eroneously on the code.

What else is going on with them as it relates to the new agreement?

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I can't log in over there, are there lots of cases where the lenders are making them order through AMCs right now?

I've heard tales of that and also that reps are telling them to do things and blaming it eroneously on the code.

What else is going on with them as it relates to the new agreement?

Marcia, why can't you log in...? It is really an eye opening experience over there. someone just posted the following and the are attacking him/her with a vengeance - it is wiiiiillllddddddd!!!!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] I work as a real estate agent and broker. I already work with a broker and need a company that I can charge 2 points upfront. I do not care about yield spreads.[/FONT][/FONT]

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Marcia, why can't you log in...? It is really an eye opening experience over there. someone just posted the following and the are attacking him/her with a vengeance - it is wiiiiillllddddddd!!!!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I work as a real estate agent and broker. I already work with a broker and need a company that I can charge 2 points upfront. I do not care about yield spreads.[/FONT][/FONT]

I don't know, I registered a couple years ago and got in with that registration but was never able to log in again. I didn't post so I don't think I was barred. I tried a new registration, no luck, I tried contacting them for help, no response.

Alison Swain

Professional Status
State
Florida
No, you never get a response. I think the site is run by one guy who doesn't have a handle on the day-to-day operations.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
That's what I figured, Allison, and my second registration was probably blocked as a duplicate. Oh, well, it's not like I need it.

-------

The odd thing is that over on Mortgage Implode, the brokers aren't even mentioning the GSE settlement agreement. It does not even seem to be on their radar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks