• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Building an Ro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone have any creative alternative investment type formulas for building cap rates that have been published?

I have found many on building IRR's, but none on an overall rate. Just curious to see if there is anyone out there who uses more than a few market based methods with a check of an alternative build up method.

Geoff Hatcher

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I extract the overall rate from the market when suffcient data is available, also use the Band of Investyment Technique and DCR method, depending on investment grade of the property, Valuation Insights and Perspectives typically list a range and mean overall rate by Korpacz.

Geoff Hatcher

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
I typically use market extracted rates also, and use a band of investment technique also. What I am looking for is an accepted build up method that uses something like a safe rate + type formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks