• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Bullet points

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigarDad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Is there a way to add bullet points in a ACI addendum? More specifically in LightHouse?

• Example

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
I often prefer to include bulleted points in the narrative section of standardized reports; however, per NDC support that's not an option.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
CigarDad:

I am no ACI expert, so this may not be the complete answer you are looking for, but here is something I sent a user some time back which may get you part or most of the way there (?)

-----------------------------

For the list, I have most of the ones I use memorized, but assuming you are on XP, you can go to the Start/Run and type “charmap.” In Vista, just type in "charmap" in the field just above the Vista "Start" logo - the one that says "Start Search"... Either way, if charmap.exe is on your system, it will pull up a dialog with a table of "extended characters".

Clicking on one will let you copy it to memory for Copy/Paste but it will also show you the keystrokes for the character highlighted. Over time, we tend to use only a few, so I just remember the ones I use all the time…

Remember, you must hold down the [Alt] key while entering the numeric values on the keypad only (will not work with the numbers across the top, above the "QWERTY" keys.) When you release the [Alt] key, the extended character will appear if the environment (document/application, etc.) allows extended characters. So, to get the character you were asking about, I simply held down the [Alt] key and typed in 0 1 7 6 on the keypad and when I released the [Alt] key, the symbol for "degree" appears.

Here are some handy ones I use all the time.

• [Alt] 0149
™ [Alt] 0153
¢ [Alt] 0162 (looks so much better than “Just my $.02 worth.”) LOL
© [Alt] 0169
® [Alt] 0174
° [Alt] 0176
± [Alt] 0177 (an appraiser favorite, send your $10 for THAT one to ME, LOL)
² [Alt] 0178
· [Alt] 0183
¼ [Alt] 0188
½ [Alt] 0189
¾ [Alt] 0190

-----------------------------

Of course, if allowed, you can also always go to the regular font selection and choose one of the "Wingding" or "Webding" fonts which have several types of characters which can be used for bullets. The keystrokes above are mainly used when the application doesn't allow for easy font selection and/or you just get used to doing the old "Alt key" thing because it is faster...

Hope this helps!

CigarDad

Professional Status
State
California
Thanks

Randall,

Thanks for those. Your check is in the mail :) . I had forgot about those charcters. Used to use them in the old DOS days.

I still can not help but wonder why ACI does not have full text edditing capabilities in an addendum just like you would have in a word processor.

Even this forum has full editing features plus you can add smileys.

I think adding smileys in an appraisal next to the estimated market value might help.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
CigarDad:

Glad to help. Yeah, those old DOS "tricks" are hard to break but still come in handy now and then, huh? Maybe I'll write a little program so the young bucks can just click and drag the popular ones onto any form/addendum that accepts copy/paste...

Anyway, your "smiley" comment made me laugh. That's one of the things I enjoy about most of the appraisers I know - they have a sense of humor that still resonates with me... ;-) Thanks for the chuckle!

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
In Report put the cursor where you want the bullet. Right click with the mouse. Select "Insert Symbol." Scroll the window all the way to the right and click on the bullet at the bottom right. Presto.

In Report you can also use the auto replace function (found at the bottom of the Options/Environments tab) to make it easy to insert words or symbols you frequently use. I have the ± symbol set up to go into a form by simply hitting the + & - keys on the number line of the keyboard and then hitting the enter key. Presto again.

I haven't figured out how to add a smiley to the appraised value line yet but I am working on it. :)

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Dave: your suggestion works well especially in regard to designing a template. The choice of bullets is less than ideal but, hey, let's make it work.

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
for the ending and beginning addendum anyway, you can also import a word document-meaning you can format all the text in word first, then import it. The text is even editable once it's in ACI. I've used it even on 100+ page documents-works well, though slowly on first import.

Important note-change to zoo format before you do this the first time (the file sizes can be quite large), and also make sure you're on very very current version of ACI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks