• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

BULLETIN: Don't Do Any Inspections Wednesday !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
<span style='color:red'>Just a Reminder! If you inspect a property on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, you are guaranteed a phone call(s) bright and early Monday morning asking if the appraisal is done, and "what did it come in at"...... :roll: Remember, we have no life and while everyone else is enjoying the holiday, we're supposed to be "helping" people borrow money for the "things they need" ....or "their new house".... If you must work, save the inspection(s) until Monday, but just do the gopher work, set up the files, & whatever else you can do before the inspection. Tidy up your desk, make lists of what you "must" do and when Monday comes, you'll be way ahead, except for the inspections. When they call Monday morning, I'm going to say .... "Well, we had a holiday and this week is catch-up" They don't have to know we work through holidays :!: The more we do, the more they want. For a change, we're going away for the holiday, but if I was home, I'd be secretly working on files (prior to inspections). I've used this method before and after inspecting everything I can on Monday following the holiday, Tuesday's "out box" is in good shape because so much of the background work had been completed.:wink: </span>

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Good idea!

I'm cooking tomorrow. Pies and prep work for Thursday. Hope I remember how to be 'normal'. :changes:

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Good idea!

I'm cooking tomorrow. Pies and prep work for Thursday. Hope I remember how to be 'normal'. :changes:

Pamela....Thanks for the reminder! I did that for a number of years, too! Let me know how it feels (being a cook, server and hostess)..... :lol: Don't get carried away on being "normal" though! Remember, we're not! :lol: When Monday hits us upsideofthehead it'll all come back!

Liz South

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I'm also cooking for the big T day - my brain is sooo fried that I'm almost at a loss as to what to cook other than the big bird. Any EASY receipes? Notice the emphasis on EASY remember my brain is fried. :roll:

Will be spending Friday catching up alot of jobs and cleaning up from T day. Will at least have plenty of left overs to dine on.
Have a great Turkey day everyone.

Liz S.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Late Wednesday afternoon, we're taking the dogs and heading up north to da'UP doncha know. Cold and snow and a cedar log home and fireplace and snowshoes and fishing talk and laughter and a glass or two of wine and Judy and my best friend.

No phone.

No appointments.

No LO's calling.

No tape measure.

No digital photos.

No driving 200+ miles on inspections.

No URAR's, 2055's or addendums.

No additional comps.

Just 3 1/2 days of hanging out, enjoying life. Just what the doctor ordered in these hectic times.

Y'all have a good one yourselves.

Richard & Judy

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I am going fishing Wednesday :)

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Given that I took off 2 days last week, I've gotta work Wednesday. But we're closed Friday. Gotta have a life, too, you know.

Roger

Steve Owen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
One year, when I was much younger and much more foolish, I did an inspection for an AMC on a house out in the country on Thanksgiving day. It was a rush job, of course, and the owner was only in the area for the holidays. When I still had not been paid in December, I called to complain, and was informed that since my invoice did not arrive until after December 1st, I would not be paid until February. Because, "that's how our accounting system works." I promptly told them to remove me from their vendor list.

As of 12:30 this afternoon, I'M OUTTA HERE!!! Youall have a nice holiday, ya hear?

B

Bemis Pownall

bright and early Monday morning asking

monday

try Friday AM!!

Got a call last Sunday(went to mesage machine) from a Bank!!!
and today they call and are mad I didnt return it!!
"I dont take or make calls on Sunday"

:icecream:

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
I look at it as .. make hay while the sun shines.. it is shining now and there will always be a Thanksgiving Day! There may not always be the work. Besides..it gets me away from the family... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks