• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Business and other oddities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Just wanted to see how the Indiana appraisers month of May has been. We have been steady but out volume is way down form may and for the year. Also, has everyone been receiving out of state broker calls for billing assignments only or for collects?

Has your FHA business been up this year?

What happened to the get together we had talked about a few months ago?

Is your AMC business slacking? We do very minimal assignments and have not received any for several months.

Inquiring minds want to know!! :new_multi:

EddieHibbard

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
My wife purchaed red meat at the store, we must be doing well, lol. Chicken is a red meat, right?

FHA work has increased. REO work has leveled off. Oddly enough an old client called me this week, apparently the cheaper appraiser they replaced me with, that always hit their number, couldn't get appraisals through underwriting anymore. I'm glad I recently raised my fees, or at least that's what I told them. Already recieved 3 COD orders from them @ $400 each, no precomps, an ideal client now.

No luck with INDOT yet, still pursuing.

I went to my first Appraisal Institute meeting recently, I'm pretty thorough with my appraisal and I felt like the second dummest object in the room. I might have been smarter than the chair I was sitting in. I recommend joining an association if you aren't currently in one. There were so many smart people in that room, I thought there was going to be a sword fight.

Still waiting to win the lottery. I keep forgetting to buy tickets.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks