• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Busy BPOer charges with forgery in Gaston County

Status
Not open for further replies.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
One of the top five agents doing BPO's in my county was arrested last Friday and charged with forgery. Don't know details but the offense took place at a local bank. It was in the local newspaper today.

Last edited:

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Here is what I was told today from someone who would know the facts and truth of the matter.

A local real estate agent who is one of the top 5 producers (maybe even top 2) of BPO's in our county was arrested.

She went to the bank with three checks for $50.00 each. They were made out to real estate firm where she is an agent. The checks were from clients for which she had performed BPO's. Yep, she is/was doing BPO's for $50.00.

She forged the name of the real estate firm (and or name of her broker) and tried to cash the checks at a bank. The bank smelled something fishy and called her broker in charge.

She went back to her office and the police were either already their or soon came. She started hyperventilating and collapsed. An ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital and she was arrested at the hospital.

These details are factual to the best of my knowledge and came from 2 different reliable and credible sources. The arrest was in the local paper....but not all the details.

Moral of the story. Don't commit forgery and.....especially......... not for a measly $50.00 per BPO.

Offshore

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Wow! One would think a top producer is getting a generous split, so if it was 75%, that means the agent was doing all that for an extra $37.50? What if the check was from Land AXMX? I can't wait to google up the details of that one. :)

Offshore

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
As a native of the piedmont, I try to keep up with the news there. A Charlotte buddy who was in my dorm got reprimanded a few years back for improper handling of trust funds with rental property and it was fun to read all about it from afar. I believe this may be the agent in question if the cross reference is correct. I’ll bet that Gastonia jail is cozy! http://www.gastongazette.com/news/arrest_27914___article.html/gastonia_county.html

Last edited:

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Bob,

PM me if you know who it is.

ap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks