• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

C R N & R E V A A Doesn't Speak For Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adios

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Professional Status
General Public
State
Maryland
Phil gets it wrong about 99% of the time. It is more fun for him putting words in my mouth than actually asking me. My phone number is 513-659-1656.
 

Evincere

Elite Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Phil gets it wrong about 99% of the time. It is more fun for him putting words in my mouth than actually asking me. My phone number is 513-659-1656.
Wait just a minute. Is CRN and REVAA not putting words into Appraisers mouths when they claim to be representing Appraisers? Were any of us consulted, were we asked, was our permission given, were we called, did we appoint you or provide our consent?

Or does it go that if you have a few friends who are Appraisers (say 1%) who through in with you mean that you have implied consent to put your organization forth as representing the remaining 99% of Appraisers?
 

Adios

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Professional Status
General Public
State
Maryland
Wait just a minute. Is CRN and REVAA not putting words into Appraisers mouths when they claim to be representing Appraisers? Were any of us consulted, were we asked, was our permission given, were we called, did we appoint you or provide our consent?

Or does it go that if you have a few friends who are Appraisers (say 1%) who through in with you mean that you have implied consent to put your organization forth as representing the remaining 99% of Appraisers?


First of all I will let REVAA speak for themselves and you should too.

You can see what I stand for in my testimony. If you know of any appraisers who don't want to see C&R enforced please have them call me at 513-659-1656.
 

Meandering

Elite Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
If appraisers wanted C&R enforced, they would have long ago filed class action lawsuits.

LA and VA tried to enforce C&R, but your buddies did not concede and instead chose to fight it, and it was them that drew the battle line.

You can't play both sides of the same fence with appraisers.
 

Adios

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Professional Status
General Public
State
Maryland
Who are my buddies?

The LA case is not over.

I want to see that appraisers are paid a fair fee. Economics is at the heart of many of the problems within the profession. It doesn't fix everything but it sure is a great start. And no I doubt appraisers can coalesce around a class action suit.
 

Evincere

Elite Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I want to see that appraisers are paid a fair fee. Economics is at the heart of many of the problems within the profession. It doesn't fix everything but it sure is a great start. And no I doubt appraisers can coalesce around a class action suit.

If you know of any appraisers who don't want to see C&R enforced please have them call me at 513-659-1656

.

You doubt it because although its a good rhetorical flag to fly you know C&R is BS and the majority of lawyers who would invest in a class action know that as well. What exactly is a fair fee? 7 plus years of surveys have determined a "fair" fee?

We, not you,
decide what our (fair or otherwise) fees are and either accept them or not and you know that as well.

You can't play both sides of the same fence with appraisers.

She does and will continue because she can.
 
Last edited:

LANoble

Sophomore Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2015
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
West Virginia
You can see what I stand for in my testimony.

If I recall correctly you said, "I represent no one but myself." Additionally, word from credible sources is that you removed your name from the letter for fear of reprisal from the GSEs. Is this true?
 
Last edited:

Meandering

Elite Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Who are my buddies?

Start with Jeffie Schurman who did the "back of the napkin" math to decide how much money AMCs could take from appraisers, and then posted it to the internet, perhaps a moment of self regret prior to writing the "Full Fee Hypo" crap, and continue working on down the list.

The LA case is not over.

You're darnned Skippy right, it's not over.

I want to see that appraisers are paid a fair fee. Economics is at the heart of many of the problems within the profession. It doesn't fix everything but it sure is a great start.

Yup, 'cause without any disposible income, fee appraisers won't be going to Expos or joining organizations that require dues.
Who would have imagined how those Economics worked out?


And no I doubt appraisers can coalesce around a class action suit.

But you believe they can coalesce around you???

:rof::rof::rof:


.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Top

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks