• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

C&R Tip For Valet At A High Rise Condo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Would you tip? How much? It's a 13 story "full service" building on Wilshire Bl in Westwood, and the only alternative is parking a block or 2 away on a side street. Last time I did a condo here, I parked on the street. But I have a better car now. 1300 SF condo won't take long. I might want to leave the car after the inspection, while I go walk and photo the comp buildings in the condo canyon. My cheapass gene is talking to me, but I don't want to be a jerk. This is one of those first world problems, I guess. :leeann:

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Would you tip? How much? It's a 13 story "full service" building on Wilshire Bl in Westwood, and the only alternative is parking a block or 2 away on a side street. Last time I did a condo here, I parked on the street. But I have a better car now. 1300 SF condo won't take long. I might want to leave the car after the inspection, while I go walk and photo the comp buildings in the condo canyon. My cheapass gene is talking to me, but I don't want to be a jerk. This is one of those first world problems, I guess. :leeann:

Take the motorcycle. :)

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Take the motorcycle. :)

Was a nice day for it. The valet would probably not want to touch it. :leeann2:

But I arrived early and found an easy way out, err parking spot, on the street.
So did the agent with his Mercedes, lol.

$5!? There is no charge for residents to park. Well, not beyond beyond the $1,200 per month HOA dues.
I'll guess it's more of a tip the valet at Christmas kind of thing for residents. :shrug:

It's kind of amazing to me. Subject is 2 bedrooms selling at $680k which is reasonable and supported.
One bedroom units with 200 - 300 less SF in my project or one of the competing towers is more than $100k less.
I see a "maids room" on the lobby level with 230 SF, room with a bath, sold for $99k recently. Can only sell to an existing owner in project.
Not exactly a paired sale, but............

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
here it depends on what your car looks like. If I am in the truck they make me park round back but the Audi or Lexus you can talk them into leaving it out front if you tell them 20 min. $2 is it for me.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'd probably tip $5
(Edit: when I'm considering a tip for someone, because I've worked in service industries that had tips, I try to put myself in their shoes and think something along the lines of "ok, if I was that guy, doing that job, what would I want someone to give me for this service" Valet's, although I've never been one, usually bust their humps; I've hardly ever/if ever seen one walk...they're always running)

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I will do a good tip to a waiter or waitress. But I'd rather self park than give my super fancy :leeann: 2008 Honda to a valet. :leeann2:
I guess the valet is how they do the math of 124 units and 140 garage spaces = every unit gets 2 spaces. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks