• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

California Training License test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Dahl

Freshman Member
Just a quick question. Has anyone recently taken the state test for their training license in California? If so, how many questions are there and how difficult was it.

Thanks

Suzanne K Hansen

Sophomore Member
I took my test in September and passed first time. There are over 100 questions (The few over 100 are for the testing company to evaluate the questions and don/t count but you don't know which ones they are).

The test is hard. Do not take it for granted. Take as many practice tests as you can and you'll do ok. I took 5 or 6 full tests as practice plus many questions in class.

Good Luck.

baldridged

Freshman Member
Hi there!

I just got my literature from OREA to take the Exam and am studying hard. Any suggestions on materials that helped YOU and where did you find practice exams??? I'm not trying to memorize, but LEARN more!

Thanks so much!

Doreen

Suzanne K Hansen

Sophomore Member
HI Doreen,

There are several books with exam questions that you can buy. Also for California, there are some software programs with questions on them.

Search on the internet for appraisal links to help with the books and software.

Memorize the methods in detail, learn USPAP very well. ther are lots of questions on minutia, so you'll have to do some memorization.

Good luck.

baldridged

Freshman Member
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure I have USPAP down PAT. Been hammering that one in and taken more classes than the "average bear" on it.....just for knowledge and IMPRINTING on the mind. I'll get out on line and look for help as you suggested.

Thanks so very much!

Doreen

stephen paananen

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
The test is only as hard as the person studying makes it. As in any test, IF you put in the time, you will do ok

Kevin Kent

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Virginia
What percentage does one need in order to pass? I assume it's something in the 70s.

A

Alan Ayoub

Kevin Kent said:
What percentage does one need in order to pass? I assume it's something in the 70s.

Bingo, you need 75% to pass.
There are 110 questions.
You need 83 correct answers. You can miss 27 questions.
Its a computerized test.
You have 4 hours to take the test.
Bring a real basic calculator. (cant use your cell phone as a calcuator)
No Drinks inside the testing area.
You will get your results printed out 2 minutes after you turn in the exam from the proctor.

Take as many practice tests as possible and FOCUS ON YOUR WEAK AREAS! The difference between you passing and not passing will be how you treat your weak areas during study time...

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Jim Lusk

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
I took it last year. The test was laid out just like the tests in my course work from Allied Schools. I did not find it difficult. That may be misleading, though, as my major in college (never finished) was math and I have finished all of the lower division math (four semesters of calculus).

I did spend some going through one of the books that was supplied with my material, but by the third practice test there were things that were NOT in the coursework (looked like more advanced subject matter), so I went back over my course tests. I did buy a new HP 12-c calculator as that is one that they allow you to use, but a basic one is fine, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks