• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

California wildfires could wipe more than $2 trillion off home values

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Wow. $20,000ish for a backup generator? Pricing must be different there. My install of a whole house backup was under $10k...including gas lines and switches.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
A friend of mine just had installed a propane 16kw generator for about $6,000. Of course, California can be 3x the price because it is California.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
We bought one for $500 a couple years ago, runs off propane or gas. Not exactly light, but easy enough to roll around and hookup to one of the BBQ tanks.
I just wanted to be able to keep the fridge cold and a light or 2 on. No PSPS here. Just the now and then equipment failure and lights out for a while. I run it every few weeks for exercise. Keep a battery tender on it.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I hope Kohler is more efficient than their lawnmowers...they are real gas hogs usually. Some say the fuel injected models are better.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks