• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Came Across This Gem Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
from a report done SIX MONTHS AGO!!! who the heck are still using graph paper? sketching programs are so simple to use and learn.

Attachments

• sketch11.pdf
    536 KB · Views: 132

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
from a report done SIX MONTHS AGO!!! who the heck are still using graph paper? sketching programs are so simple to use and learn.
I still see appraisals with hand sketches on graph paper every now and then.....you just have to shake your head.

Last edited:

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Probably someone who doesn't want to learn the technology or someone who doesn't want to pay for it. I also have seen it every now and then.

graindart

Professional Status
State
Montana
If I had to guess, I'd say an older guy that's semi-retired. It conveys the exact same information as a computer generated sketch, but costs a heck of a lot less.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
If I had to guess, I'd say an older guy that's semi-retired. It conveys the exact same information as a computer generated sketch, but costs a heck of a lot less.
The loss of productivity costs much more than the relatively low cost of sketching software

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I still use old fashioned sketch paper and I'm certain I'm faster than 90% of the pencil necked geeks who embrace sketch software like it's a form of erotica. I do use a sketch program in the report. Actually I know a guy in his 60's who still scans his hand drawn sketch in reports and he can crank out assignments like a fee shop on steroids and he's a one man shop...he also does it ethically.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I still use old fashioned sketch paper and I'm certain I'm faster than 90% of the pencil necked geeks who embrace sketch software like it's a form of erotica. I do use a sketch program in the report. Actually I know a guy in his 60's who still scans his hand drawn sketch in reports and he can crank out assignments like a fee shop on steroids and he's a one man shop...he also does it ethically.
I gotta to hand it to you....that's an awesome old guy response right there!

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
i see it every now and then in my reviews as well. baffles me. it is quite easy to do a sketch in digital format and it auto-populates the GLA/basement/garage data into the report.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia

Were the photos glued on?:rof: I really miss those early days.......................NOT!

I had a 386sx as my first computer. It got so full of reports that I would have to delete reports(I did have hard copies) to do another report. Somenone broke in one night and stole it from my office. They really did me a favor. Bst they were surprised at what they found.

Someone asked in another forum what a 386sx is worth today. I looed it up and was surprised to find many for sale anywhere from $45 to $150(if you still had the monitor).

I cussed a few time when I converted to Total Sketch but have that sucker down pat now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks