• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Can a PDF output fiel be into an appraisal report?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
As most of us do, I get images, documents, or some sort of data from an Internet Source that I need for an appraisal, and then print it out on the HP 2100. From the hard copy, I get the information needed for the appraisal. Then maybe a day later, I need that same piece of paper. Can't find it. It's here OK, but under some other paper, or somewhere in the mess on my desk.

The other day, I found that some types of data from another source can't directly be saved to a ZIP disk. But it can be printed to a PDF Printer, and then saved on the ZIP Disk, let's say, in D: I do that for everything I've captured from some other source. Then, if I need it again, I don't have to lift up every piece of paper on my desk to see if it's under there.

Instead, I go to D: and there is a list of all the files saved. Then just open it and print it again. Voila! Time consuming? Weird? Maybe so. Just starting to try this.

Next, we know that most image files (pictures and maps) can be put into the appraisal program with a la mode Photo or Map Tools. But if there is a PDF file saved to the ZIP disk, a la mode's Athena disk read shows no PDF files are there.

Does anyone know how to get PDF output into an appraisal report? I have a la mode's Athena. I know that any hard copy image can be scanned and captured in the appraisal report, but it's slow, and makes a large bitmap file.

I think it would be great to be able put PDF output into a report. Can it be done? How?

Comments will be appreciated.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Its a little hairy but :
in pdf
edit-select all-copy

bring uP MSWORD

edit-paste

then copy select phrases to report.

ed in arkansas.

slacker

As most of us do, I get images, documents, or some sort of data from an Internet Source that I need for an appraisal, and then print it out on the HP 2100.

<span style='color:blue'>For every job I create a seperate folder to hold all the digital info including pictures, exported M&S cost reports, e-fax's, web pages, etc....

Instead of priting web pages I just save them as a *.html.doc so I can view them anytime off-line without printing. It's easy to cut and paste info into the report too.

Saves ink and you won't be looking under mounds a paper for a piece you printed the day before.

I would can the "Zip Drive" and get a CD burner too.</span>

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Slacker,

Making folders for each kind of exibit works for me, too.

I tried copying the MLS data from Paragon, and saving it to D: as OcalaMLS131937.html.doc. But what I got was only all the graphics around the text area. Text area blank.

Ed' s suggestion worked: Select all, copy and paste worked. Except I did it a slightly different way.

Thanks for your response. Maybe I did not do the HTML method correctly.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
ANOTHER WAY IS TO:

alt -print screen(that puts the monitor into clipboard)

in MSWORD-control V.

Then right click and edit the image as you want.

to save as jpeg--copy into POWER POINT

then save as a jpeg file

works down here in arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks