• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can appraisers recommend lenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcou812

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
I was asked today from a friend if I knew of any lenders, mb, etc. that she is looking to refinance her home. I told her that I didn't know and it may be a violation of USPAP. If I did and she went to them and they sent me the order to do the appraisal I would turn it down due to a conflict of interest.

So, can appraisers recommend leders etc. if they are asked.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I do.

almost daily. If you know a good one, most certainly steer folks in their direction.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Every comp check I get.:)

cgjerdetu

Professional Status
State
California
I don't see why that would be a problem. I don't see why you should turn down the order if it came your way either. If it makes you feel better, recommend a couple of people and let them decide who they want to work with. I don't see anything wrong with recommending competent people.

Tom Foster

Professional Status
State
California
Anytime that question is asked, I take the loan application and do the loan myself.

Or course I can't do the appraisal and yes I have a RE license (14 years now)

It's just extra income doing a few loans and selling a few houses per year.

MandTDean

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Pennsylvania
TJ...most of my loans come from referrals such as yourself. I have two appraisers that regularly refer me. Referrals are the life blood of my business. If you have an LO that you feel comfortable with, I would refer the heck out of them. Their expert advice will only make you look good, and enhance your authority in your field!

Last edited:

Tom Foster

Professional Status
State
California
I worked in that field for years before giving it up to chase the dream of becoming an appraiser. Now it has become my nightmare.

It was just impossible to do both, that along with the drugs and alcohol that were constantly consumed in the office – I new it was time for a change.

If you ask me it's far more important in life to have the opportunity to live a dream than it is to work a job that you hate.

I've been called crazy more times than I can count for making this decision. I say you live one time, so make the most of the one life you get.

Working my *** off everyday for money doesn't seem like the true path to happiness.

When I look back over life someday I don't want to say I lived to make a buck, I want to say I lived and loved what I did and the choices I made.

I thought that if that meant even making a modest living appraising, I'd be the happiest man you'd ever meet. I was wrong.

The force that killed appraisals for me is the creature behind the big machine that keeps the clock wound and the gears greased.

The reviewer in charge of corroding and rusting out our bodies, the great bittersweet Chief Appraiser lurking around that makes dust out of every beautiful appraisal I ever created in this appraisal world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks