• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can I appraise my attoney's property?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
JGrant loves to put his personal agenda ahead of reality....I can't believe he doesn't work for CNN
I am a female, hi... J first initial ( Grant is former last name )
Oh well, difference of opinion

Econobot

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I am a female, hi... J first initial ( Grant is former last name )
Oh well, difference of opinion
Whoops my bad..I am econo'bot... "...R2D2 sounds...."

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Imagine living in nowhere Nebraska in a town of 400 people and a county of 5,000 people. If that appraiser turned down all work because he knew the people he would be a hungry appraiser.

Mark K

Professional Status
State
Indiana
LOL!! I was skeered when I appraised M Jordan's mom's property. Did ponder at bit through the room with photos, trophies, and awards! ...that was why it was there, right!
This IS why they're there; people love to talk about this stuff.

I appraised a house owned by, IIRC, Lionel Ritchie's grandmother. Nice house, nothing special, avg. price range. She had her living room walls covered with gold and platinum records. Had to be at least 30 or so. I spent about half hour looking at them and talking to her. He's done production work on a lot of other singer's albums and everyone gets a trophy if they go Gold. OK, back to the appraisal.

A garage or barn full of classic cars can ruin my schedule for the day.

Pittsburgh Pete

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
JGrant loves to put his personal agenda ahead of reality....I can't believe he doesn't work for CNN
He is a she and apparently you're one of those folks that can't differentiate news from analysis. It's chronic among the less than sharp.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
The OP never explained this assignment...they say it is typical mortgage work, but how did that translate to appraising their attorney's property? Was it the borrower and just happened from a lender, or is the attorney selecting the appraiser for X reason / type of assignment? It was not answered...just something about me having an agenda, what agenda? Trying to understand what this assignment is and how it came about, which might answer the question if proceeding is a good idea or not.

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks