• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can I Use A FNMA Appraisal Form For A Non-lending Apraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulf Coast

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
I found the FNMA for 2065 to be perfect for a non-lending appraisal I am doing. Is there any way to use it for a non-lending appraisal or am I out of luck? Thanks

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
No, don't do it. Call your software provider they may have similar form in a non GSE format, alamode has too many forms makes it hard to find the right one.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
2065 - SEE
"Purpose of Appraisal" - "for use in the mortgage finance transaction"
Certification #7 - "lender/client".

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Trainee? The first step would be to talk to your supervisor.

I don't know about every appraisal software package, but if the appeal to you of the 2065 is that it is allows presentation of a qualitative analysis, a la mode/Total will allow text in the numeric fields of the grid(s) - perhaps others do as well. I tend to like the AI form for non-lender work: it's as good as any, and has the advantage that each approach can be summarized on one page, and the pages for approaches not performed can be omitted from the report. Prudence dictates that someone using that form develop a comprehensive SOW, use a recognized value definition and cite the source for it, and pay attention to assumptions and limiting conditions. And a grown up appraiser would suggest that you develop a narrative that you can use when appropriate.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
There are a gadzillion forms. Why vendors don't sell a reduced size package that eliminates all the lender forms, all the past Fannie / FHA forms that were superseded in 2005, all the perfectly worthless forms no one has filled out in a hundred years and have the basic Fannie forms plus a handful of non-fannie forms I don't have a clue. You are right that you cannot find the right form because there are six hundred choices with generic names and after wading thru it all, what is left?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I hate that about Alamode...the whole system is needlessly complex, a gazilllion choices about everything, much of it superfluous, making it very time consuming /frustrating to locate the important stuff you actually need .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks