• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can't reach forum, site not found, timeout etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If you can not reach the forum (get site not found, can not display, can not connect, time out, etc) then it is either a DNS problem by your internet provider or our firewall is blocking you.

Please see if you can access it via the IP address of http://50.28.5.125

If you can not then our firewall is blocking your IP address. Please visit http://ipchicken.com and tell me what your IP address is and I will unblock you.

If you CAN see the site via the IP address, the problem is not on our end. Either your router needs rebooting, or your ISP is having problems resolving DNS (converting domain names to their proper IP addresses).

First reboot your router. If you still can not see the site via the domain name, then your ISP is having DNS problems.

One solution would be to use Open DNS to resolve all your DNS. I highly recommend this method as it frees you from your ISP's problems.

Go to http://opendns.com and click on "DNS". It's free, and really easy with a lot of nice features your ISP don't have. I have used it for years.

VegasWayne

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nevada
If you can get to the site using the IP address you can save that as a bookmark/favorite and use that to get to the site. This is probably the easiest solution.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If you can get to the site using the IP address you can save that as a bookmark/favorite and use that to get to the site. This is probably the easiest solution.
Unless we change IP addresses which we have had to do in the past.

Better to use Open DNS or Google DNS as your DNS resolver and not be dependent on us not changing IP's or your ISP to resolve domains. It will also help you with other sites in the future. You may not think you have a problem with other sites, but how do you know? You may not have been able to reach them because of your ISP or you may not be able to reach them in the future because of your ISP.

I have experimented also with using Google's DNS resolvers for several months on one of my computers and they work fine also. The Google Public DNS IP's are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 if anyone wants to use them.

I generally recommend Open DNS because of the additional protection they give you against phishing and malware sites but Google DNS will work fine, just without the extra protection Open DNS affords.

Here is the link to the Google DNS site:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Open DNS resolver IP are:

You can just put them in your adapter properties settings and start using them, you don't have to sign up with Open DNS. However if you do sing up with up with Open DNS it is free and they do offer some extras that some will like, such as different levels of protections from sites, free also. If you have kids it will allow you to block adult sites automatically and things like that.

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
But if someone can't reach the forum then how will they be able to see the how to info posted here??

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Maybe they can view it from another location, on their phone, etc, but can't reach it on their computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks