• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Carbondale, Glenwood Spings, Co Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Kyle,

Wish I could help you...but don't know anyone over there. :(

A very large lender on my side of the hill told me that if I were willing to move over there they'd send me tons of work. Apparently they're having trouble getting the local appraisers in your area to take them on as clients because they're already too swamped.

Hope you can find someone to train with, there seems to be a demand.
Good luck!

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
actually I work in Denver and a local l.o. offered me big cash if I drive out there. However no MLS for that area. Am just trying to work a deal with someone for some comps and pub record on the property in Carbondale... Apparently all the appraisers there are 6 weeks out..

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Oops! :redface:
Sorry Kyle, I thought you were a trainee looking for a mentor.
I tried to get some information last fall but found it's tough to get any appraisers to return calls. Especially difficult for the Aspen/Carbondale areas....I'm told that the real estate agents and their pet appraisers are pretty tight and don't like 'outsiders'. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Kyle....can you say "geographic competence?" I gave up traveling all over the state years ago. First, I never made any money doing it, and secondly....I don't know the market! Best way I know to end up in trouble with the state. Now our commercial brothers can get away with that sort of stuff because they charge big bucks and can take the time to do the job properly. As for me and my shop....let me stay in my home county where I know the market.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Mike,
I'm glad you said what I was thinking.
All it took was a few phone calls and I realized that there was no way I would be able to figure out the sub markets in that area unless I worked there regularly. The local appraisers were too busy to waste their time with an outsider and I wouldn't ask them to without giving them some kind of compensation for their efforts, which would take a substantial chunk out of the big bucks being offered. Even then, I don't know which appraisers are competant and would give me accurate information. I decided that the state board wouldn't accept...."but the other appraiser said...", as my defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks