• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Career guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat O\'Brien

Freshman Member
I am very interested in becoming an appraiser, have researched the WA state requirements but still have questions. I believe the steps for me to take are as follows?:
I take the required classes/hours on my own and then I become certified as an intern to work under someone else until at which time I obtain the 2 or 3 thousand hours necessary to become licensed on my own?
Should I certify via on line courses or go to a classroom?
Once certified, how and who do I contact regarding employment?
Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am very determined, enthused and excited to join this field of expertese.

Jason Cowan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I am a newbie myself so take this with a grain of salt. I have heard from many people and read on this forum as well that it is best to have employment lined up before you get certifited and go to the expense of taking classes. Trainee positiions are very hard to find (at least in my area). I have a college degree in real estate and it took me 3 months to of exhaustive searching to find one (even cold called appraisers). I wish you the best of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks