• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Case number issue. Yes, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narkissos

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Due to the changes made I am well aware that we may begin work prior to the case number being assigned. As the order was COD I had no issue. However, I have never delivered a report without the case number. The client is requesting the appraisal. I stated that I do not understand why they can not send the case # over, as it takes a very minimal amount of effort and time to assign. Is there a direct quote stating the appraisal may not be delivered without the issuance of a case number. I am looking for something I can pull up and send over to explain my reluctance.

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
"This is my business and I set my own policies." Lather and Repeat.

"You want the report of the appraisal? Not a problem, of course, but I will need the case # before I can do that. It is our corporate policy that no FHA assignment is sent without it. "

moretti

Professional Status
State
Oregon
From 4150.2, Chapter 1-2:

Quote:
When the lender selects an appraiser from the FHA Register,
the FHA Connection processes a case number for the lender.
The lender may assign the appraiser before receiving the
case number, but the case may not be submitted for
endorsement without the case number.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
You just are not cynical enough.

They wont gve the number until they know if you said some bad things in there about the subject.

It really is that simple. The sorry-*** lenders are up to no good, AGAIN!

They absolutely cannot be trusted. NONE OF THEM!!!

Dont be a fool. Tell them NO TICKEE, NO LAUDREE!

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Appendix D page 14 Section 1 *file number

The FHA appraisal may not be transmitted to the lender without a case number.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Appendix D page 14 Section 1 *file number

The FHA appraisal may not be transmitted to the lender without a case number.

Repeat after me........see above.

That pesky old manual does come in handy, if you bother to read it.:shrug:

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
If you are an FHA appraiser then you SHOULD known that you CANNOT do the assignment without the case number !!! You better read that manual and FAST!!

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I have two FHA reports that are going on 3 months also, they also wanted the reports with out the case #. I emailed them the statement that moretta listed above to them. Some lenders and appraisers alike are clueless to what the rules and regulations appraisers must follow. The handbook is like a bible to me and use it for each and every FHA appraisal I get.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
This has really not been a big problem until recently. Mortgage brokers are withholding the case number as an act of outcome-manipulation in the same way that they have historically withheld actual orders, payment, or future business as an act of outcome-manipulation.

I wonder how many sucker appraisers have been manipulated into delivering an FHA appraisal without the case number? This is disgraceful.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
I have two FHA reports that are going on 3 months also, they also wanted the reports with out the case #. I emailed them the statement that moretta listed above to them. Some lenders and appraisers alike are clueless to what the rules and regulations appraisers must follow. The handbook is like a bible to me and use it for each and every FHA appraisal I get.

tj,

If they have not pulled the case number in three months then I'd assume they have abandoned the assignment and moved on to some other appraiser. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks