• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Manley

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Anyone doing their's online? I have my USPAP completed. I know CE 1018 - Indiana Appraisers Statutes – Rules is also mandatory but was just wondering if I could do this and the rest online or not...for sure.

Any recommendations on classes to take will be welcomed too.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
I did not think that on line education here in Indiana was acceptable at this time??? But not sure. For broker renewal it is OK..

Mark K

Professional Status
State
Indiana
I believe you can complete some of it online. McKissock has some online course on their website that they claim fullfills the state requirements. Probably some others also but I haven't checked.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
One would should double check that with the IPLA

KEN SMITH

Professional Status
State
Indiana
I am uncertain about the continueing education requirement so I called last Wed the state lic board.Got a recording,left a message with return tel no.Still waiting for that return call.Appraisers have a difficult time getting clear information about the constanly changing rules and other information.I called a school that I have taken courses from and asked them some questons about online courses and she was uncertain about everything I asked.God help us all. Thanks

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
None of the NAIFA courses were listed either and the IFA puts on a lot of courses here in Indiana. Ken, it really appears that no one knows what is really going on. Let us all know what you found out!! Thanks

AppraisalTwin32

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Hello All,

I'm not positive how CE works, but for licensing purposes, you may take courses online. I spoke with the IPLA and they said that currently any course accepted by the AQB are accepted by the IPLA. This includes online courses (which I asked specifically). There is a link of approved courses on the AQB site. I don't know if your CE courses are on this list, but if they are, they are acceptable (or at least that is what I was told on two seperate occassions by the clerk at the IPLA). Hope this helps!

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
I would ask for Nicholas Rhoads and get the information from him directly as he is the Director. With all due respect, I do not think I would just go by what the clerk is stating as they have been known to make errors in the past. I know brokers can take on line education. Did you ask specifically for appraisers on line education?

AppraisalTwin32

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Doug is right. Better safe than sorry. I did go back to the website to make sure that the online education applied to CE (and not just pre-licensing).

This is directly from the IPLA website at http://www.in.gov/pla/bandc/appraiser/cont_ednew.html

"..The following is a list of continuing education course providers that have received Board approval to offer courses for licensure or certification. This list is current as of April 15, 2005. "

"..If you would like to complete continuing education on-line you may do so as long as the course is approved by the AQB. A list of AQB approved courses are available here. "

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks