• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Ceiling Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleal5

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Minnesota
Hi,

I work for an insurance company as a consultant and I stumbled across this site. I often have to take measurements such as ceiling heights and distances between pipes running at the ceiling.

I know a laser measurer can give me ceiling height easily and accurately. Is there any tool I can use to get horizontal distances between pipes running at the ceiling?

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:

matt_johnson

Professional Status
General Public
State
Oklahoma
The DISTO D3, A5, and A6 will all do what you want. Each of these laser measuring tools includes the Pythagoras function. It allows you to measure distances by triangulation. The type of measurement you'll be doing is very simple with a DISTO.

Just go to www.appraiserdepot.com and check them out. If you have other questions, let me know. We're closed today, but I'll be back in the office on Wednesday.

Happy New Year!

H

Hall McClenahan

Of course you could also use the fat max and do the math yourself.

Word of warning with either method, don't forget to remove the pipe diameter from your measurements.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Matt is the man when it comes to laser measuring tools. Give him a call on Wednesday. You will be happy you did.

eagleal5

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Minnesota
Thanks for the replies. I'll look at the Disto's and probably contact you with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks