• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cert Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Williams

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Ok, I've done my time, compleated way over the 2500 hrs, taken all the courses.

What is the best "cram" book you know for the State Certification test??

BTW I'm in Illinois, last class I took the instructor said he heard(hearsay?) the "Pass rate" on the cert test was running about 36%.....I wanna PASS the first time...!

Thanks in advance!

daniel

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Not sure if there is any significant difference between ILL and CO testing, but a few years ago I used
"Questions and Answers To Help You Pass the Real Estate Appraisal Exams" by Fisher and Tosh. My book is a few years old, but I assume that it's still being published and possibly updated versions are available. I went over their sample exam questions until I felt I had everything committed to memory then took the test immediately afterward. Worked for me the first time, thank goodness.
FWIW, I know some very good appraisers that didn't pass the first time, mostly because they weren't sure what they needed to study.

Second best tip is to remember this: They can't skin you and eat you!
If you don't pass the first time around just study some more and try again.

Congrats on making it this far, Daniel! :beer: You've already got the worst behind you and this test is relatively minor compared to the goals you've already accomplished. You can do it!

jim farrelly

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
not sure where you're at in illinois. a man named jake caputo runs a great review. u can email him at [email protected] good luck. test not so bad

Dick Hemry GAA

Sophomore Member
:usa: The Fisher & Tosh guide is excellent and can be purchased from the Dearborn Financial Publishing, Inc.; 520 N. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60610-4975..1-800-621-9621 X 650, the Real Estate Education Co.

Also, Henry Harrison has a good guide available from Forms & Worms.

I used both in prep for the General and passed 1st. time out. They do help tremendously.

They are all questions and answers plus exams to take at home, similar
to the real thing.

Excellent learning material and refresher/reference material too.

Good luck & have a safe 4th. :beer: :usa:

Mike Simpson

Daniel-

You WILL pass the test if you study--that percentage is not typical of those who prepare for the test properly.

The study guides cited are some excellent suggestions--I'd only add; keep track of your weak areas (mines math), and study hardest on those topics.

Good luck!

-Mike

Caterina Platt

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Daniel,

One thing that helped me a great deal was provided directly from my state board. They sent me a break down of the topics and percentage of questions that came from each topic along with some sample questions. Possibly Illinois has the same reference?

Good luck to you!

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Frankly Dan, the test is for those who never learned. that ain't you, buddy. The night before go get a good steak and a GOOD bottle of wine, If you have a significant other, make'em squeal two or three times, get to sleep early, wake up and have a good breakfast, go spend 20 or 30 minutes taking the test, go home and celebrate. You know damm good and well you know your stuff......just go take the damm thing and tell us so we can celebrate with you..........

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
An Oklahoman, a bottle of wine, and squealing sounds.

Please close the barn door when you're done.

jtrotta

CL

ya crak me up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

me hands are tired now :mrgreen:

hold it, thar goes my ***, I musta laghed it off :rofl: :rofl:

:ph34r:

Daniel Williams

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Greg,

No Significant Other..... :(

Lets just say :beer: and I don't mix well..... ;)

The steak sounds good.....

CLedet...... :confused:

your all correct....cause of this forum and a LOT (5yrs) experience I do feel confidantabout the test....just trying to cover my skinny behind :blink: Last class I took (income analysis) I got 99% on test.....pestered the teacher till he showed me what I missed....no...I'm not obsessive :wacko:

PLanning to take test near end of july.....pass or fail i WILL share with you all.....your kinda like my significant others....though I don't wanna make any of you "squeal"

visualize whirled pea's,

daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks