• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Certification Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Fleming

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I just renewed my certification and if I recall correctly, I need to fax a copy of my renewal to HUD every time I renew. I have been looking, but cannot find the fax number.
Does anybody know what it is?
I am in Houston (Denver HOC).

Thanks

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Wait until 02/08/2008 and there will be no need to renew.

Wayne Tomlinson

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I went through that same question a few months ago, the answer is that HUD picks it up from the ASC site.

I had called HUD, and they gave me a number that didn't work, when I called back, they insisted that was the info that they had.

By the time I had done all that, with the above answer, I looked on the HUD site, I was already renewed.

sometimes things work!

Wayne Tomlinson

TXCBoy36

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Try this!

I just renewed my certification and if I recall correctly, I need to fax a copy of my renewal to HUD every time I renew. I have been looking, but cannot find the fax number.
Does anybody know what it is?
I am in Houston (Denver HOC).

Thanks

Here is how it reads on the HUD website...

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Appraisers must provide a copy of the renewed state license or certification to HUD at the following address: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office of Single Family Housing
451 7th Street SW, Suite 9278
Attn: Appraisal Branch
Washington, DC 20410
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Fax Number (202) 401-0416 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Phone : (202) 708-2121[/FONT]
Hope this helps!

JC:)

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
At the FHA training class in Denver on Tuesday, they said it wasn't necessary to send a copy of the license anymore.

TXCBoy36

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Hmm....my listing on the Roster page showed that I had to renew before 01-31-08 or I would be inactive....so I sent them a copy and they updated my information on the Roster page. I have heard that in 02-2008 it will no longer be needed, but I did not want a month of being inactive. That would directly affect my business....all okay now.

JC

TXCBoy36

Professional Status
State
Colorado
When is the next training class in Denver?

At the FHA training class in Denver on Tuesday, they said it wasn't necessary to send a copy of the license anymore.

I have subscribed to the newsletter, but in the meantime, do you know when the next training class is here in Colorado.

JC:icon_question:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
No I don't. Ron Collins is retiring in a few months and he was the primary presenter this time. I am sure you can call them and ask. 1-800-Call FHA.

Larry Hoy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I have subscribed to the newsletter, but in the meantime, do you know when the next training class is here in Colorado.

JC:icon_question:
I was told they would like to do it three times a year. They have plans for another training some time in May, but they have not announced the date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks