• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Certified Residential Test Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRICIA MAYON

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I am scheduled to take the Certified Residential Exam and would appreciate and suggestions on test preparation books or test prep courses offered. I am considering taking the McKissock test prep course on line and would like feedback from anyone who may have taken the course. Any additional suggestions on how best to successfully past the exam are appreciated.

Thanks

bschmidt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Here's a few

www.learnappraising.com

www.CompuCram.com

Also try Real Estate Trainers out of Santa Ana, they have a prep class that is good and a cd that is great

Questions & Answers to Help You Pass the Real Estate Appraisal Exams
Jeffrey D. Fisher, Dennis S. Tosh

Good Luck

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Or purchase the Fisher and Tosh Questions & Answers To help you pass the Real Estate Appraisal Exams.. Some people do better in a class room environment, on-line or self study, so you have to make that choice what is best for you. I see you are from up North, so I can't let you borrow one of mine. I seem to have several editions of it, in addition to a whole shelf no, make that two.. of appraisal topics etc. It has the material in sections similar to the list that OREA has, so you can pin point weak areas. What did you use to study the for your prior exam?

Good luck!

Last edited:

PATRICIA MAYON

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Certified Residential Prep.

:icon_idea: Thanks, so much for the information. For my Trainee License Exam I used the Fisher & Tosh, whichI borrowed from a friend. I wasn't sure if it included material that would be helpful for the Certified Residential Exam. Someone had mentioned a book by Henry Harrison and I was debating on which one to buy. I will go with the Fisher & Tosh based on your recommendation. I will also log on to the websites.

Thanks again

djlowe

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Test

I passed mine this last spring. It is very similar to the first state exam you took to get your trainee license. I used Fisher and Tosh as a refresher as well. Good luck.

Dan Feasel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I found the test something of a surprise, since all of the course work and pre-test cram stuff I studied were all residential oriented, but the questions were all about commercial properties. About a dozen questions into the test I was thinking they had given me the general instead of the residential. I passed it, but feel that most of the course work I spent my time and money on was a waste. I recommend taking an advanced Income Approach course and spend time with some vocabulary flash cards. Best of luck!

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Riverside test site has 1 seat available on 12/16.
Anaheim test site has seats available on 12/26 & 12/27.

Why rush????

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Now that ****es me off. I called Promissor 3 times over the last 4 weeks, including today when I saw the above post. They told me there is no Riverside test site. I am scheduled with Ontario, (which is not on the list) and 30 more minutes away.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Annelle: Just like you said last week: part of the appraiser's job is to filter through the data to determine what's accurate, and what's not.

Same principle applies to finding the exam site (lol)...

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Annelle: I conducted more due diligence about the testing centers and found the answer: According to the Promissor rep when I called again tonight, "Riverside and Ontario are the same place."

Heck of a neighborhood boundary description (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks