• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Changing Company Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokehouse

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I have a question. I am thinking about going out on my own. My current boss says that he will continue to send me some work.

If I do that I will need to change the company name on my personal wintotal software. However, if he still sends me work through his company (company A) and I do the assignment, wont it print out under my company name and not his.

If he sends me the order via wintotal from his account and I open the form under my account does that automatically change the name on the report.

I would like to still get assignments from him but his assignments need to be under his company name.

Any thoughts?

Smokehouse

Professional Status
State
Florida
hmm no replies yet, surely someone knows????

William K

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I believe it would receive the Name of the one who orders it and sends the report to the client. Its been a while since I have sent one in that fashion.

Smokehouse

Professional Status
State
Florida
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?>

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
When the report is sent in the softwares format I beleive that it changes to the recieving machines company info....

If you were to send it PDF then it would have your company name on it....

I suggest you call A La Mode to confirm this,
I don't think that you can have 2 licences on the same software...

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
When I first went on my own I utilized my boss's software, and my reports all said her company name throughout report. Most of my orders in the beginning were through her company, so it worked out ok. If it was my own order, I just had my information on invoice and signature, but her company name printed on bottom of report. No biggie, no one even asked about it.

Couldn't change name on report to mine until I bought my own osftware.

When I finally saved enough to buy my own software, the reports came out with my company name printed on the bottom, even if it was her order. Just changed signature field to reflect her company name.

When you purchase your own software, your boss can make "report paks" and e-mail them to you when her office initiates the order. Then her name will appear on bottom of report. Of course, this is something done through ACI software - but I'm sure your software company has something similar.

Gradually, the orders from my former boss diminished and all orders are to my company.

Best advice I received when going out on my own - my company name is my last name with appraisals following. Helps when depositing/cashing checks.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
I had to call alamode to change the name at the bottom of the page.

When I do work for other companies, my company info is still in the sig block and the bottom of the page. Nobody cried yet.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
It is my understanding that the company name is based on what computer with which the file is opened. For example, you prepare the appraisal on your system then send the file (zap file not a pdf) to the other company. When they open the file on their computer the company name will be theirs.

The issue here becomes control of one's signature. If you sign the report before it is sent over I do not believe the company name will change.

incognito

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I sub appraisal work for several companies (not clients, but companies), as well as my own. As such, I would prefer to have NO company name at the top of the form, or be able to change the name as needed. Al A Mode would have no part of that, and would not even consider this option when asked.

So I found a work around. Print the form to PDF. In Adobe, edit the name at top to anything you want. Send to client or print. If you use Lighthouse, just import from PDF. Problem solved. Pttttth to Al A Mode!

talltx1

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Alamode will not permit you to change the name at the top of the form. I am using Athena and thats the only place a pre-printed name shows up. It can be autopopulated on the signature page.....any name can be inserted there. If you haven't purchased your software from them yet, ask them to use your personal name only......that way you as the appraiser show up on top of the URAR page and you can use whatever company name you choose to insert on the signature page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks