• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cheap Ladder that will fit in car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthem

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Looking for a Cheap telescoping ladder that will easily fit in a typical sedan.

Those 9 and 10" ceilings with scuttles are a bit difficult to inspect without such a monster !

Any suggestions ???

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Little Giant may not be cheap but will do the trick. It is sorta heavy though. I carry a 4 foot ladder (fits in my Olds) which is fine most of the time...but like you said those 9 foot ceilings pose conflicts sometimes. I have heard the Telescope ladders may have a tendency to not be the most stable. I am 230+ lbs and when I looked at those I would never think aboutstepping foot on one. I may have a slight fear of ladders though. 7 years ago, one buckled on me and it landed a emergency ride to the hospital. I still have a scar on my head from the ordeal.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I have a 19' Little Giant ladder that I use for home inspections, also carry a 5 ft step ladder for getting into attics, because the little giant is too heavy. Also, the base is too big to get into some closets in old houses where the scuttle is inside the closet. Home Depot and Lowes both carry the Gorilla Ladder, a 13 ft one will fold down to 42 inches, and costs less than half the cost of a Little Giant. I don't know if it would stand up to every day use, but for an appraiser, likely more than enough ladder.

Anthem

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
thanks for all of the replies. I have seen some sturdy step ladders that are just a bit shy of being tall enough.... and of course I have seen the little giant which is just too much.

Scott Kibler

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
If you use a ladder often and carry any weight at all...rule #1:

Do not cheap out on a ladder!

I use the 22' Little Giant. Folds down to 5'7". Not real convenient for a passenger car (I drive a wagon) and it's relatively heavy but I trust it, unlike some flimsy Home depot knockoffs.

JT1974

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I've got a Gorilla Ladder from Home Depot and I think it's great. Mine is fiberglass and it is rated for 300+ lbs. I'm 6'3" and weigh around 250 and I think it is a very stable and solid ladder (never wobbly). However, it is a pretty heavy ladder so I wouldn't recommend it for a lightweight.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Well, this isn’t cheap, but it is on my wish list....and it is pretty cool.

http://www.foldableladders.com/

There is an 800 number to call and they will help you find a distributor close to you. I called the one near me and they quoted $345.95.

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
A cheap telescoping ladder!

Webbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks