• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Class action suit v. KB homes/Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCONNOR3

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I have a copy of filing against KB homes, Countrywide and involved appraisers. It is in PDF format which is quite lengthy. I will send it to anyone interested. Email me at [email protected].

Last edited:

DonRico

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
J-

How about giving us the Executive Summary??

Did the new home values tank and the lawyers rounded up everybody carrying insurance??

JCONNOR3

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Don

It is very complex and convoluted. Shows how it worked from the inside. Good read.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
KB Homes has been in trouble for years...I remember stories about them way back in the mid 1990's. I can't believe that anyone with a brain and access to the internet would have anything to do with them.. I can't believe they are still in business.

From what I understand...they build a home, you buy the home and if it is still standing after five or so years...consider yourself...."one of the lucky ones"

just what I hear....

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Got a $42M lawsuit against them in Arlington, TX. Built a subdivision on a WWII bombing range, knew about the potential of live bombs, and didn't tell anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks