• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Client Neglect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
It just occured to me that I have not been to any of my local client's offices for a couple of months. Before the advent of PDF and e-mailing reports, I used to see them many times a week (to drop off hard-copy reports).....Now, I rarely ever have the need to go to their offices. So far this has not been a problem but I wonder....Do y'all visit your clients on a regular basis less now? Just wondering..... :unsure:

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I thought my client was outlook express. You are very right, Blue. I hear that from my clients all the time. "We never get to see you anymore". so, now I pop in from time time just to say. "hi". Usually, picking up plans and specs is my only excuse to drop by. The sad part is, I like outlook express better than my clients, now. :lol:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
My best client is located in a Hotel complex. I was there at least 4 times a week dropping off appraisals and picking up plans/specs. EDI changed all that and now when I do drop by it's to take them out to lunch or they are having an office party. The women at the front desk asked where I had been for the last year or so. The SAD part was walking out of the lobby and the bartender coming out to ask me where I've been, guess his tips were down!

EDI, save money, drink less!

:beer:

TC

Linda M Lynch

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
3 of my very best clients I have NEVER met. They fax or e-mail me the orders, I do the job and e-mail them the report, they mail me a check. For plans and specs, they mail them and I mail them back. We talk on the phone on a regular basis and joke about the fact that we've been doing business all this time without ever meeting. We always say we're going to get together sometime but we are all too busy to actually do it.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Gotta love it. I seldom delivered appraisals myself anyway...that's what trainees are for!

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
My three primary client's offices are within a half mile of each other. I try to visit them a couple of times a month. Friday afternoon is my favorite time. Everything is a bit more relaxed on Friday, and the LO's are more likely to share a little time. I make a point of meeting any new employees, and I don't ignore the processors. I must be crazy to market at a time like this when I can't keep up. Fact is that I enjoy chatting with clients more than inspecting or typing.

Em Tee

Professional Status
State
California
Hey Mike - my supervisor must think just like you. I do all the deliveries for our office to the clients who don't use EDI!!! :yellowblack: But now they all think I own the business. :beer:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Mary,

You're in a good position to have contacts when you go out on your own. That's how I got my best client, I delivered some appraisals on a Saturday while I was doing some inspections. I was surprised to see her in the office on the weekend, likewise on her part. She told me then, go out on your own, and I'll send you business. It's been that way for 12 years.

TC

Em Tee

Professional Status
State
California
TC: Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
I must be unusual, been in business 15 yrs this next month, have around 30-40 clients whom I would consider to be regular clients that order 1-3 a month; and I have only met two of them in person. Have a great relationship via phone/fax/e-mail with them all, or at least I would like to think so. Big thing though, is I try to let them all think that they are my only customer, and treat every last one exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks