• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cma Required In Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccpanel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
A vendor(I know-I still work for AMC's) has requested a CMA list of comparable properties be included in every appraisal.
" A Comparable Sales Summary Search List (CMA) is not attached to appraisal report."

I say no and no way and if you want MLS access-you can pay the fees and do the research.
I include in my report my search parameters in both area and qualities.
I also state that the comps chosen are what i consider the best etc, I'm awesome and the world revolves around me.
Ahem.. carried away.
LOL

Thoughts?
scope creep alert?!
I know-fire the AMC.. but unless youre willing to pay my mortgage-lets just stip to that and move on.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
has requested a CMA list of comparable properties be included in every appraisal.

Charge for it. If they won't pay what you want, tell them that is your fee for service. Take it or leave it.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
if they are a good client (for you), then do it...one thing I've found out on this board is that nobody will ever offer to pay your bills as they advise you to dump a client just get better ones.

Either charge more to this client if possible, or if they won't pay more and you need the work, then do it and learn how to run/save a CMA quickly so it does not take a lot of time. If eventually you find a better client, that is the time to demand significantly higher fee or drop them.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
A CMA can take two minutes to run on MLS, save it, paste it in report. I hate scope creep too but it's not that big a deal time wise.

ccpanel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Its really easy to save a list of the comps from the search results-in fact i do it for every single file and save in my work folder(completely paperless office) but I get perturbed when I get asked to do "ONE MORE THING" especially when it opens a can of-"why didnt you use this one?"
and some desk jockey in FL cant see what i see in my market where I cam competent. plus they cant open the MLS-they just see one-line data which of course-as we all know-tells a 100% complete story.....
blah
blah...
and forget charging more. 81 lic appraisers in my county... gotta keep the lights on...
I have a bare bones fee and wont go lower out of well, not being willing to be paid bagger wages but..... argg...I do ...well, different topic..... rabbit trail.

ccpanel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
any canned comment suggestions to input in my report that basically says-want a CMA-join the MLS... and do the report yourself....
or some snarky comment to that effect....?

it must be friday!

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
your bare bones fee is the problem...I don't know the answer but you are in a bad cycle of being resentful due to exploitative clients...I have tough competition in Florida and while I can not afford to do only high fee work , I set a medium fee which is enough to get a certain amount of AMC (those that pay at least reasonably) and lender work...if you are licensed work on getting certified...etc....for now avoid snarky comments, if you are stuck with this client just put it in report and don't resent it...life is too short...we could l be starving in the Sudan or fleeing Syria but for being lucky to be born here.

ccpanel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
What about;

A CMA is a fee-based service and accordingly is subject to an increased fee of....

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
any canned comment suggestions to input in my report that basically says-want a CMA-join the MLS... and do the report yourself....
or some snarky comment to that effect....?

it must be friday!

Dear Client:

See BPO for CMA.

ccpanel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
your bare bones fee is the problem...I don't know the answer but you are in a bad cycle of being resentful due to exploitative clients...I have tough competition in Florida and while I can not afford to do only high fee work , I set a medium fee which is enough to get a certain amount of AMC (those that pay at least reasonably) and lender work...if you are licensed work on getting certified...etc....for now avoid snarky comments, if you are stuck with this client just put it in report and don't resent it...life is too short...we could l be starving in the Sudan or fleeing Syria but for being lucky to be born here.

Please dont get me wrong-i am happy to be here, happy to be working, and happy to have work. My wife says my electronic communication leaves a lot to be desired...
Certified-passed test, submitted app, waiting on state to confirm details.

I do not take the $350 orders... i know that sounds low, I have low pricing standards considering my prior day job... happy and excited to have flexibility and freedom. I dont take what I consider low work out of principle in an effort to push ....
rabbit trail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks