• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Collective responsibility for maintenance of drainage system

PNW RE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
I'm working on an FHA MFG purchase appraisal with multiple issues (next to a major highway, HUD data missing, attached covered patio, etc.) All items I have under control...but I noticed this in the legal description:

L 8 EASE OF RECORD & TOG/W COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MAINTENANCE OF DRAINAGE SYSTEM AS STATED ON PLAT SEG P-M-1031

The subject has a private septic system and public water service. I don't recall seeing a legal like this, so any information would be greatly appreciated!

PNW RE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I'll also add, this is not in a PUD. Anyone??

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Is there a swail for runoff. If so. Could be for maintaining swail

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
For most rural properties in this area part of all deeds states subject to easements, public drains, etc, though they may not be individually listed.
On the property cards often there is additional coding in the leagal description stating what legal drains may have a tax from time to time. Some of these dains cover several countie and others a few hundred acres. On the tax card they are often only denoted in a year a tax is charged. More detailed trasurer records may indicate all that might apply. In this area is is ditches, rural bridges, public drains (may be buried tile) and such.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks