• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Commerce Bank & CVS/Walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
are sprouting up all over the place! You can't go more than a mile without seeing one, a bank followed by a 24/7 drug store followed by a bank. I don't think there is a neighborhood left that doesn't have a Commerce Bank (points w/o the William Floyd). Seems that they are paying good money for the sites they are acquiring. I just can't see how much further this sort of expansion can be supported. Is there really that much demand?

Thanks for reading :)

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
No, I'm sure they're building them for fun and games. Or maybe they're money laundering?

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Their recipe is "open 7 days a week", and they have late hours too.
(( also low rates for savings & CDs))
People like the convenience
They like it even more when all the OTHER banks start competing with same hours.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Plenty of North Fork Branches opening in S Nassau also.

Commerce is doing a number on many of the other banks offering far superior service. I switched to them several years ago and couldn't be happier. Open late every nite + Saturday & Sunday & lots of drive-thru windows at every branch. Also their on line interface is the easiest to work with of all I have tried.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
No, I'm sure they're building them for fun and games. Or maybe they're money laundering?

Maybe not money laundering:

"Last year was a tumultuous year for Commerce. A series of regulatory investigations into the bank's insider-party transactions ultimately led to the ouster of Commerce's founder and now ex-CEO Vernon Hill, as part of a settlement. The scrutiny was tied in part to Commerce's real estate transactions, including the fact that the bank had used InterArch, an architectural firm owned by Hill's wife, to design branch offices."

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/new...ml?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Commerce Bank has agreed to be acquired by Toronto Dominion Bank and the former CEO and founder is working at a place called Salad Works. Toronto Dominion is just in time to take part in the US real estate slump. Maybe it is for fun and games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks