• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Commercial Real Estate Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Putt

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Been a long time since I have had any dealings with commercial agents. How are the typical fees structured? Last I remember it was about one month's rent for their services. Is this still true or have things changed?

3 Putt

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Acting as the leasing agent. Handling the listing, finding prospective tentants, working out the negotiations of the lease, etc.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Looks like Mr Rose has found a second line of work but doesnt know how to charge for it .... :shrug:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
We have some locally who do management and its typically about 7%...roughly a month's rent. They might cut a deal for an "easy" one. The local property managers typically charge about the same for apartments, rentals, etc. Commissions are typically a little higher than residential commissions for selling - 10% being pretty common.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
It depends on the range of services, if its just leasing than 7-10% is about the norm. Any other type of property management typically indexes it higher between 12-15%. I know very few commercial agents that do apartment leasing, most that do leasing do offices and industrial buildings...those agents typically charge 5% on the aggregate of the lease term, sometimes it includes renewals, some on buildout as well.

I am a commercial broker as well, right now I am negotiating an office lease and the commission is 5% for the entire term so (($10/SF * 4000 SF) * 5 yrs)* 0.05 = $10,000 in commission

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I pay a management fee of 10% to manage a small apartment complex (6-units); these apartments have been in my family for years and it is a very (20+ years) long-term relationship.

3 Putt

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Looks like Mr Rose has found a second line of work but doesnt know how to charge for it .... :shrug:

If and when I seek out another line of work, it will be as far away as possible from real estate :)

Thanks for the input, it was very helpful!

3 Putt

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I'm thinking of joining the world's oldest profession...farming!

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I can sell you some cows if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks