• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Comp check request from borrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
A new twist in a comp check request at least for me was from the husband of the borrower who was obviously coached from the Loan Officer. Since I would not give him a rough estimate of what the appraised value would be, he would not make the appointment to meet me so that I could pick up the cashiers check or cash at the inspection site. I subsequently notified the LO that the appraisal has been delayed and why. The husband is a realtor, so I suggested that he pull his own raw data, and that my client is the lender, nicely of course.

Some people! I think we may see more of this in the days to come. Pressure from the borrowers....

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Nothing new Annelle - welcome to the wacky world of Residential

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
OH! I was thinking it was caused from the more recent changes. I've certainly have been asked by homeowners, etc for estimates of value, but not because they were coached by the LO! The actually wanted me to send them the comps before they would decide whether to continue with the loan process. ( I"m sure they were going to send it to the LO)/

And yes, I hadn't been in the residential mortgage lending arena for several years. Thanks for noticing .:rof: :rof: :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks