• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Comp checks ending Jan. 1,2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Keep in mind.

most of the folks requesting comp checks aren't doing FNMA/Freddie loans, at least not now.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
:clapping:

GREAT!!!

Now... who is going to enforce it?:shrug:

Meaningless hype! Untill FNMA and FREDDIE are willing to work with each individual State to develop a system of enforcement....this is just more
garbage in...garbage out!

Last edited:

Doug Wegener

Professional Status
State
Oregon

GREAT!!!

Meaningless hype! Untill FNMA and FREDDIE are willing to work with each individual State to develop a system of enforcement....this is just more

Isnt the formation of the Indepenent Valuation Protection Institute designed to do just that.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Thank you.

GREAT!!!

I'm not holding my breath.

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Like Tort Reform, we need Lending, Appraisal and RESPA Reform. How about a Mortgage Fraud Czar?

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Isnt the formation of the Indepenent Valuation Protection Institute designed to do just that.

IX. Any lender who has a reasonable basis to believe an appraiser is violating applicable laws, or is otherwise engaging in unethical conduct, shall promptly refer the matter to the Independent Valuation Protection Institute and to the applicable State appraiser certifying and licensing agency.

Well now I don't know. I guess I have to go back to the "Pam" issue

She has been on top of this for a long while now and it has fallen on deaf ears for the most part. WHERE THE HELL IS FNMA and FREDDIE and why are they NOT supporting her in her efforts?

And anything with the word "Institute" is just another means of sucking more money from the system. Another Big Government Feel Good Program!

Is the "Institute" going to "supercede" State Boards? Just asking?

IX represents the classic case of leaving the "foxes in charge of the hen house"!

Last edited:

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
5) Requesting that an appraiser provide an estimated, predetermined or desired value in an appraisal report, or provide estimated values or comparable sales at any time prior to the appraisers completion of an appraisal report.

http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/home_valuation.html

I don't see how this solves anything. Brokers can still call their favorite Skippy and get a value over the phone...Untraceable, no paper trail, nobody knows nothin'....

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
It is a class 6 felony in AZ to ask for or pressure an appraiser in anyway in AZ. that's working really good isn't it AZ??

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Now... who is going to enforce it?

Appraisers. The same way we enforce the house and 5, unverified EA's, and other nonsense. By waiving the FannieForm in their faces. They can't say "well this one's not going to Fannie" and then insist on having their appraisal on the FannieForm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks