• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Comp Location Map Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I have Geolocater and am somewhat satisfied with it, but it has a couple glitches. Those in my office want to buy a different program than mine. What do you all use?

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I use A La Mode's map server. It comes with Athena and is really easy to use. It takes the info off your grid and maps it. It works surprisingly well in the rural areas, as long as you put the correct zip codes in for any comps that are in different areas (you can do this when you request the map). Something the A la mode detractors forget is that Athena includes integrated mapping and sketching programs that some of the other programs do not include.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Geolocater has an update for some areas.

Also, they have a www access for new areas.

I is one of the best time savers for me.

Ed in 2 Counties of Arkansas.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Ed, Yeah, I guess you're still the poultry capital of the world, BUT, now our little town has the Biggest Walmart in the State of Delaware! Of course, we're only 96 miles long and 42 miles wide :lol:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Charlotte: I have just realized that my home county, Graham County at 4,630 square miles is bigger than your state! The entire county has about 32,000 population and the developed area is five miles wide by 35 miles long with a "leg" that is two miles wide and ten miles long. At least my other county is smaller than a "state", it is only 2,900 square miles but with a total population of 9,000. There the developed area is 2 miles wide and twenty miles wide and then after 9 miles about a one mile square.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Charlotte: I have just realized that my home county, Graham County at 4,630 square miles is bigger than your state!

Well, we're bigger than Rhode Island :lol: :oops:

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Dan, you use WCA? I guess we have more in common than name. I don't use the map program though. Do you use it? If so, how does it work in a rural area with no conformity?

Dan Leggett

Professional Status
State
Mississippi
Hello Cousin Mel,

My first program was United Systems' RAP but those boys just didn't speak the language. Migrated to WCA's DOS version in about 1987 and then their Win versions when they brought them to market.

I know Boss (Phil Wilson), Ma, and Mark Wilson personally, they are real good folks. Their business has grown so much that I just don't know the techs like I used to but with their program I very seldom need to talk to them anyway.

I work in rural Mississippi and although not exact everytime, gets much closer than GeoLocator, MS's Streets Plus, or DeLorme's Street Atlas. Best of all it gives you a real good idea of what's going on in your subject's area.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I like Alamode's mapping system...it creates the map, places the comps and subject on the map and shows the distances from the subject. Carries that over to the form too.

A couple of additional features that are pretty kewl include...

When you first start the report, enter the address and then do IDC data. It gives you the census tract and flood map data automatically.

You can enter the comps into the report and then have them included in the comps data base. When you start a report it will tell you if you have entries in the data base that are comparable.

There is a review function that checks over 400 different items in the report for compliance. Also has a good spell checker.

Finally, you can do your appraisal logs and invoicing right in the program. Interfaces with quick books for easy accounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks