• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Comparison of 2 Retro Dates to Describe Market Condition(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I am conducting two assignments of a SFR with retrospective effective dates 6 months apart.

Can the difference in adjusted values of the same property on two different dates be used to validate changing market conditions, especially if it is confirmed by additonal, "less closely held" data?

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
It could be an indication, but due to confidentiality, I dont think you can disclose it exactly. The sales you use within each time can certainly be used though, and are not they the basis for your value differences anyway?

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
There's no need to. The closed sales 6 months apart have already done it for you.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
You are appraising for market value in both cases? If so, the difference between values indicates a change in market conditions. If your question is, "Can I use it to support market condition adjustments in another appraisal?", I say, "Why not?" You don't have to specifically identify the property in your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks