• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Compcheck Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedwards2244

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Would it be a violation of USPAP if the compcheck was done by another appraiser as a value opinion and then the assignment was ordered and done by a different appraiser? Not from the same companies.

The compcheck and appraisal would be done independantly of each other. Would this solve the problem? You could network with the other appraiser but be independant from each other.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Regardless of WHICH licensed appraiser renders either a verbal or written Range of Value or Point of Value - BOTH must adhere to the USPAP and their State Appraisal Laws.

Your profile indicates General Public. May I inquire as to whether you are in the Real Estate, Mortgage Lending, or Appraisal Business? Thanks.

the answer you seek can be found here:

USPAP AO-19

http://commerce.appraisalfoundation.org/html/USPAP2008/AOs/ao_19_.htm

Last edited:

tedwards2244

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Not sure

How is that kidding if you are not accepting a job contingent upon a value and the other appraiser does it independantly of you? After the client gets the result then they determine to order with you so there is no conflict.

tedwards2244

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
I used to process loans and was the one who always ordered the comp checks.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Please see revised comment above. The "irish devil" in me - jumped out and made me spill my coffee and my first reaction visible. My apologies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I typed that 3 times and kept changing my mind... :rof:

oops. thought the poster may be one of our friendly neighborhood miscreants from the mortgage broker outlandish board. :laugh:

Last edited:

William K

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I used to process loans and was the one who always ordered the comp checks.

OK, you guys thought you had me, where's the hidden camera? Come on now, where is it?!:rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks