• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Competitor Direct Mails My Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh No Not Him

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
Im just curious what you may think of a competing appraisal firm sending a direct mail card looking for appraisers to my employee at MY office address.

It was addressed to "Jane Doe" at XYZ appraisal company (my appraisal company & at my business address)

I just think that kinda f-ing bush!

Thoughts?

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Good appraisers are hard to find????? Probably saw a sample of their work and decided to make a move....

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
It was addressed to "Jane Doe" at XYZ appraisal company (my appraisal company & at my business address)
I might reply to them and say I am not pleased, but if they want to make an offer on my biz, speak...no non-compete clause however.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am guessing Howard is correct. The ASC website has the appraiser's address on it. If you treat your employees well you have nothing to worry about. If the competitor is William Fall or Metro West tell your employee to go to the interview. When they get back they should love you.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
yep, and other firms are not the only ones doing it. about 2 weeks ago i got a mailing from some company offering CE classes out of the blue. i've received 3 of them so far and they all disclose that my mailing information was obtained from the ASC site.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Willie Sutton once said in response to the question why he robs banks "That's where the money is". So looking to hire appraisers, mail appraisal offices.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I'd guess that there are few appraisers who don't think they're worth more than they're presently earning, or worth better treatment, or a better something. I'd guess that blind solicitation of licensed appraisers would bear better results than, say, walking into Neighborhood Bar and Grill and shouting, "Inny body wanna' be an appraiser?"

Oh No Not Him

Professional Status
State
Maine
I'd guess that there are few appraisers who don't think they're worth more than they're presently earning, or worth better treatment, or a better something. I'd guess that blind solicitation of licensed appraisers would bear better results than, say, walking into Neighborhood Bar and Grill and shouting, "Inny body wanna' be an appraiser?"

Why? Thats how I got into the business.....after I finished my beer of course!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks