• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Composure And Revision Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariba

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
How do you keep your composure when receiving revision requests?

The comparables are different from the subject property in regards to age, site size, GLA, bed, bath and condition. These property characteristics must be bracketed by the comparable sales or detailed comments provided including over/ under improved and any impact on marketability.

That is called an appraisal!

Please address not bracketing the subjects GLA.

I included five comparables with smaller GLA of 80, 20, 20, 0, 45 SqFt respecptively. Give me a break

There are potential UAD format violations.

New one on me. How do you address this?

The appraised value is less than the contract price. Appraiser to comment on why the contract price does not appear reasonable and supported.

All ready explained thoroughly and at length in the appraisal addendum.

Many of this revision requests are now generated by computer programs and not reviewed by humans.

I usually respond with "Already addressed in the appraisal report. See #3 in the addendum"

There is a lot I want to say but trying to keep it professional. Anyone like to share their responses on review requests that have been addressed if they had just taken the time to read the appraisal report.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Call them....tell the monke..err....person who answers where to locate the items in question on your report.

Keep it pro and kick your dog.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Just keep your cool and respond professionally, one item at a time-I agree it is a PITA and frustrating.

An occasional ROV request is okay, if a client is abusive about it, sending nonsense to address or an ROV every time a SC price is above the MV opinion, I stop working with that client.

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
well, if you can't make the value you deserve it. personally, if the client can't make my stips then they are not my client. correct it till you pass out, or stip your AMC to the free man's trash can. some of de folk like the plantation work. old man river, it just keeps rolling along. sorry, nothing better to say.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
How do you keep your composure when receiving revision requests?
It definitely can be difficult at times

I often will just walk outside or away from my desk for a few. Usually throw a few choice words out there. Add a few more choice words depending on the day. Take a few deep breaths. Then go back to address the situation.

It it's as nonsensical as in your OP, I may even sleep on it before I respond b/c I don't want some of those choice words to be added to my response.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Just keep your cool and respond professionally, one item at a time-I agree it is a PITA and frustrating.

An occasional ROV request is okay, if a client is abusive about it, sending nonsense to address or an ROV every time a SC price is above the MV opinion, I stop working with that client.
Remember that all in the process are human. Reviewers make mistakes too, just as appraisers do. I will admit that in 35+ years I have sent more than one report where I failed to indicate a final value opinion :)

Just remember that when it comes to the actual report, the content should be limited to the data and the analysis that supports the conclusions an opinions. Editorial commentary about the reviewer, the AMC, the underwriter, etc. has no place in a professional report. I ask appraisers to call and vent to me as much as they want, but keep the report professional and about the appraisal, not the client or the client's agent :)

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio

the OP had nothing to do with ROV...

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
These things come in writing so they cannot hear you cuss.
Go ahead, give 'em hell! In private, and they can't hear you. :fencing:

Then write a pro response with no hellfire.
Maybe wait until tomorrow like BNM says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks